Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I confess

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I am 34 years old and I don't have a drivers licence. But that is probably a good thing because I am also a compulsive shopper. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Any real reason why?

I'm only asking because I am 26 and only have had mine for a year, I was afraid of driving

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Sucks to be you :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

After spending a min of 10 hrs a week in traffic on my commutes I wish I didn't have one either. Especially being pregnant it kills my back and I can't drive more then a mile without needing to pee. Driving is totally over rated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

You may not be able to drive to a store to shop, but you can shop online.
Are you afraid to drive? Physically unable to? Just never saw the need to have a license?

GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

well if you are a compulsive shopper you probably shouldn't have Internet access either lol.

i love to shop so i know what you mean but my license is an absolute necessity.

why does lisence look so weird? am i spelling it wrong? license? lol and im genuinely asking.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I'm 35 and don't have mine...No one would ever help me get one...Not something you can do without help...

kittiecat88
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you need help? Like someone to drive you to get one? Or someone to take you to take the test?

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I'm 35 and don't have mine...No one would ever help me get one...Not something you can do without help...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I can get a car with no assistance from anyone but I live in a big city (NY) public transport is much more than adequate. Up here, we don't need a car, we have one but only dh drives
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

When I was in high school and it was time for drivers ed I never took it. I knew my parents couldn't afford it. And I didn't feel the need to learn. I have thought about trying to get it over the years. But I am afraid of failure. And I am also scared to dive period. 

And yes I do shop online however I feel that it's some how easier to control in a way. Because if I could drive I would be going out everyday looking for stuff to do and spend money.  I have never  been told I am compulsive shopper. I just took a quiz online that said i was one. 

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Well yeah...you need someones car to drive and someones car to take your test in...I mean it takes times to learn and no one wants bothered...So I take the bus everywhere. 

Quoting kittiecat88:

How do you need help? Like someone to drive you to get one? Or someone to take you to take the test?

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured