Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am 34 years old and I don't have a drivers licence. But that is probably a good thing because I am also a compulsive shopper. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-16):
kittiecat88
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Oh okay I was confused whether you meant you just needed to go GET one or if you needed to learn and test first. That's sad you don't have anyone that would help. :( I don't know you but if you were near me I'd help u! :(
Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Well yeah...you need someones car to drive and someones car to take your test in...I mean it takes times to learn and no one wants bothered...So I take the bus everywhere. 

Quoting kittiecat88:

How do you need help? Like someone to drive you to get one? Or someone to take you to take the test?

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I'm 35 and don't have mine...No one would ever help me get one...Not something you can do without help...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

And yes sometimes it does suck to be me. So many times I wished I could go places on my own.

Sarafinn2012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I am 32 and don't have my license either. I have a terrible fear of driving. I have been behind the wheel several times, and have tried again and again over the years. But, once I'm on the road, I panic. Sweaty, shaking, tunnel vision and all. I actually looked into anxiety therapy about a year ago, unfortunately it is expensive and our insurance won't cover it. I've practiced in parking lots, drove around the block, been forced to get on the highway. It doesn't really bother DH, although sometimes he makes a comment. He has to do all the shopping, but who cares? I pay all the bills, keep the house clean, do the kids' homework with them, cook dinners, etc etc. Besides, if I shopped I"m sure we'd spend alot more. The only time it really inconveniences us is when a kid is sick and DH has to take them to the doc, or when kids' conferences come up, we both have to go. I think it keeps us close as a family. We are forced to do things together! :)

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I had my permit for 3 years a while ago,and used it a few times, then last year I got it again and it just expired and I never used it once...Not having a license really puts a stop to my life.  I want to move out of my shit hole town and get a new job but I can't b/c there are busses here...

Quoting kittiecat88:

Oh okay I was confused whether you meant you just needed to go GET one or if you needed to learn and test first. That's sad you don't have anyone that would help. :( I don't know you but if you were near me I'd help u! :(
Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Well yeah...you need someones car to drive and someones car to take your test in...I mean it takes times to learn and no one wants bothered...So I take the bus everywhere. 

Quoting kittiecat88:

How do you need help? Like someone to drive you to get one? Or someone to take you to take the test?

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I'm 35 and don't have mine...No one would ever help me get one...Not something you can do without help...

kittiecat88
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
:( I'm sorry hun :( I hope you find help soon. I can't imagine feeling that held back. I really hope things look up 4 you and someone in your life steps up and helps u

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I had my permit for 3 years a while ago,and used it a few times, then last year I got it again and it just expired and I never used it once...Not having a license really puts a stop to my life.  I want to move out of my shit hole town and get a new job but I can't b/c there are busses here...

Quoting kittiecat88:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting kittiecat88:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

My DH is great. We go to the grocery store as a family. And he takes me places I want to go. He just asks for a few days notice. We schedule Dr appointments around his work schedule.

We are going to be moving into a new house soon and the kids school is right behind our house. So I will be able to take the kids to school functions and be able to be apart of the PTA. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)