Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are YOUR kids allowed to play with guns?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

Poll

Question: Are your kids allowed to play with guns?

Options:

NO. NEVER.

Yes. but only fake

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

I'm undecided. (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 117

View Results

This is one of the big no-nos that seem to cause so much controversy. I always smirk and roll my eyes when someone says how they do not allow their kids to play with guns ever. My brothers and I played with them, hell we even shot BB guns (with adult supervision) and we never tried to kill anyone. And never thought guns were something to play with. So, do you let your kids play with guns? *Fake guns people*

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Yep....they have bb guns too.

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Um hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Sure do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifeNMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
No but they can when they are old enough to take gun safety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Yes. My 9yo even has a bb gun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Yes! My son has every nerf gun, laser gun etc that there is I swear. He also has a BB gun and when he is 16 he will get a .22

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes.   I learned a long time ago, children will make a gun our of anything.  Lego's, rulers, cardboard paper towel holders, etc.  They will chew their toast into the shape of a gun!

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Yeap, I was one of those mothers against it, but eh I came around. Now my Son has a BB gun that was given to him as a gift from a Friend. (long story short her and her husband couldn't have kids together, his son didn't want it, but he wanted to pass it down. So they passed it to my son, who worships the guy) My seven year old is all about gun safety, he never even touchs the case its in without asking us, he keeps it put away, the "ammo" as he calls it, he knows needs to be kept somewhere else away from the gun.

Toy guns don't teach children to kill people. & those children that kill other children by mistake with guns, well I blame the parents, Teach your children. DUH

ElitestJen
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Yes. 

They're also taught to shoot and respect real guns.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

No, not yet (she's two). If she is interested we will let her have them. We also plan to teach her proper gun safety from an early age and that toy guns are not the same as real guns. Toys are toys and while they can injure someone if a mistake is made, real guns can be used to kill people, both accidentally and purposefully. Guns were just a part of growing up when  I was a kid. We knew better than to touch our father's rifles unless invitied to do so.

My borthers had BB guns, and I loved them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured