Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOUR kids allowed to play with guns?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are your kids allowed to play with guns?

Options:

NO. NEVER.

Yes. but only fake

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

I'm undecided. (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 117

View Results

This is one of the big no-nos that seem to cause so much controversy. I always smirk and roll my eyes when someone says how they do not allow their kids to play with guns ever. My brothers and I played with them, hell we even shot BB guns (with adult supervision) and we never tried to kill anyone. And never thought guns were something to play with. So, do you let your kids play with guns? *Fake guns people*

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (51-60):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM
They have never wanted too.
Vampyrechic
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I loved to play with fake guns when I was little. Dh and I use our hands as guns and try to kill eachother. We say "Pewpew!!!" Ds is still to little to play with them  yet though. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

No responsible parent should be letting their kids "play" with a real gun. Teaching, showing, letting them ask questions sure, but to play? No way. 

The only thing we allow them to play with is Nerf guns, and we take that seriously!

Luna091306
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Are air guns and BB guns considered real? Yes the kids have both along with nerf guns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyCat97
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Yup, my 2 year old ds loves his toy guns and will upgrade as he gets older. Our 9 and 11 year old dd's have their own bb guns that they use under our supervision and dh is currently teaching them to shoot my hand gun. As long as you teach gun safety and respect for guns it's not a terrible thing to teacher children. My kids are less likely to pick up a real gun and play with it than the kids that are taught nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
No because you don't PLAY with guns. You learn with guns , safety , storage , cleaning and then you practice what you learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Clearly I said fake guns. I also said that I knew that real guns were nothing to play with . I swear you women need something to bitch about at all times.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

No responsible parent should be letting their kids "play" with a real gun. Teaching, showing, letting them ask questions sure, but to play? No way. 

The only thing we allow them to play with is Nerf guns, and we take that seriously!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Clearly.... you didn't  :)

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly I said fake guns. I also said that I knew that real guns were nothing to play with . I swear you women need something to bitch about at all times.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We don't do fake guns even bb guns in our house, because the girls will be learning to shoot in the next year. My SO is a hunter, so teaching them to shoot is just part of our life, but I don't let the "Play" with a gun ever.  I don't want them ever thinking of them as toys.  This is just our preference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM

ROFL!

Quoting Anonymous:

ALL the TIME.  Usually pointing them at the neighbor's house ... 

oh, wait ... you said fake guns.  

Nope.  Don't allow those.  Thought you meant my 357 Sig.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)