Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOUR kids allowed to play with guns?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are your kids allowed to play with guns?

Options:

NO. NEVER.

Yes. but only fake

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

I'm undecided. (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 117

View Results

This is one of the big no-nos that seem to cause so much controversy. I always smirk and roll my eyes when someone says how they do not allow their kids to play with guns ever. My brothers and I played with them, hell we even shot BB guns (with adult supervision) and we never tried to kill anyone. And never thought guns were something to play with. So, do you let your kids play with guns? *Fake guns people*

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (61-70):
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Yep. We were shooting targets yesterday with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Yes, I let him play with toy guns when he was little, and at about the age of 12 we introduced him to real guns. He's now 17 and a very good shot, especially with a 9mm & 45mm pistol. He even participates on a rifle team shooting .22 long rifles. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Have they ever no. Simply because we haven't been to the lease in a few years as things always come up. I live in Texas and love my guns but they just haven't had the chance to use them yet.

Destiny907
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What kid has not played with cowboy guns? And Squirt guns?

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Toy guns yes, the cannot shoot the real ones unless their dad or I are with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I'm iffy on the bb gun thing but mine are still very young.

They have some toy guns but don't really play with them.
They've never asked to buy one before. they were given to them as gifts. *shrugs*

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

My kids have handled my guns that were unloaded while I try to teach them responsible gun handling. They are allowed to play with toy guns. They realize that much like matchbox cars and real cars there is a difference between toy guns and real guns.

sweetz684
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM
My ds is 6. Right now he only plays with toy guns. But once he's about 10 I'm going to put him thru hunters safety. He wants to go hunting with my dad. He also has an uncle in the navy and one who's a police officer. IMO hes just pretending to be grown up(his bday is next mth and hes having a police man themed party). He's not going around saying he's killing anyone and he know if he points the gun at anyone they get taken away. The moment he says anything like "I'm gonna kill you" the gun are gone. We have guns around (not our house) and he knows to NEVER touch them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Yep, I used to be against them playing with any guns except water guns, but I gave in and now we even have an arsenal of air soft guns. We dont have any real guns though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I let them play with guns that look fake.  Like something a space ranger might have.  My sone does have a bb gun, now, but he is older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)