Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOUR kids allowed to play with guns?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are your kids allowed to play with guns?

Options:

NO. NEVER.

Yes. but only fake

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

I'm undecided. (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 117

View Results

This is one of the big no-nos that seem to cause so much controversy. I always smirk and roll my eyes when someone says how they do not allow their kids to play with guns ever. My brothers and I played with them, hell we even shot BB guns (with adult supervision) and we never tried to kill anyone. And never thought guns were something to play with. So, do you let your kids play with guns? *Fake guns people*

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (91-100):
mrsmac521
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

They both have toy guns and they are both allowed to shoot the .22s with my DH they are 3 and 5.  They have both been shooting since 2. 

ashymom787
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM
My 13 yr old has a bb gun and shoots rifles with my husband & I. It took me a good 5 yrs after his bio father was murdered w/a gun to even let him play with a toy gun. Our 5 yr old will shoot when he's older as well as our daughter if they want to. The only way i'd let my 13 yr old shoot was if he took a safety class and other 2 will have to also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

honestly i have avoided guns as much as possible. he has owned maybe a nerf gun but he has never used it very often.

he is also dressing up as a police officer for halloween so he asked for a playgun so i bought it for him.

cklamour
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Guns and my son has a bazooka lol He likes the big guns lol

My family does not like children playing with guns because my little cousin was shit and killed. Although I understand their reserve that does not mean out boys will become murderers because they played with guns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Well if you would read my initial response you would see that I'm not bitching. My kids don't "play" with real guns even under supervision. Its your poll questionnaire that is flawed, not my response :)

Quoting Anonymous:

*Rolls eyes* and in the post it said *FAKE GUNS PEOPLE* The option next to the real has with supervision. So clearly they wouldn't be played with. Geez. Find something else to bitch about.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Clearly.... you didn't  :)

Yes. Both fake and real with supervision

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly I said fake guns. I also said that I knew that real guns were nothing to play with . I swear you women need something to bitch about at all times.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

No responsible parent should be letting their kids "play" with a real gun. Teaching, showing, letting them ask questions sure, but to play? No way. 

The only thing we allow them to play with is Nerf guns, and we take that seriously!

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Yes both fake and real (real being pellet/BB and "real" guns IMHO)

However several people I know would answer only "real" guns. They don't allow toy guns, including water guns, but their children learn how to shoot BB, pellet and/or "real" guns.

Also play isn't the correct word to use when concerning real guns.

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Fake guns, yes. Real guns, even BB guns, no.

TurtleSquish
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

it's a toy. As for real guns I'm not comfortable with them, so I'd like my kids not to play with them

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quoting vermontmoms:

You must have boys! Because I swear I could have written that statement. I was anti-gun but my boys made guns out of everything so we finally gave in. We thought making it so taboo was even worse so now our boys have an arsenal of nerf guns, electronic guns, etc.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Yes.   I learned a long time ago, children will make a gun our of anything.  Lego's, rulers, cardboard paper towel holders, etc.  They will chew their toast into the shape of a gun!

Yes, I have boys!  Guns and swords are just part of the toy arsenel.....I preferred bright colored guns (not real looking).   Mine had nerf, water guns, laser tag guns, etc.  

orksnorf
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM
This exactly. My dh gave my ds the bb gun that he had as a boy

Quoting melissa632:

Yes. My 9yo even has a bb gun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)