Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thinking about getting an abortion this weekend...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's ironic that women will so easily spread their legs which is supposed to be a very intimate thing and shared with someone who you love and respect, but when they are faced with an abortion from spreading those legs, they all of sudden claim it's such a hard and difficult decision to make. If they would just change that thinking around, they would be fine.

Right, because all people who have abortions got pregnant out of wedlock with people they don't know.

Preventing pregnancy is very easy. For one to still become pregnant and then claim "abortion is such a difficult choice...feel sorry for me, feel sorry for me"...well not many will. Do you understand?

Yes.  I do understand.  I think you're misguided though.  Birth control does fail often enough.

I think you're overgeneralizing it.

Just as another poster said..."Pregnancy is 100% preventable"...you were irresponsible with your body, not using enough protection, you gambled, you lost, and now you want to bail your ass out by having the baby killed. Simple.

So if my husband had a vasectomy and it reversed itself, that's still my fault?

You're saying that sex is like Russian Roulette so  I "gambled" with a penis that I thought wasn't loaded.

mommieofII
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommieofII:

What do u mean I must be new?

To the group.  You do know where you are, right?

Look around a minute and get yourself acquainted with the group.

Yes mom confessions... Im pretty sure I can reply to her post how I want she is basically asking out opinions and she got mine.....

Sunivondea
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Oh thank god! I'm so sick of stupid bitches having babies and whatnot!! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommieofII:

What do u mean I must be new?

To the group.  You do know where you are, right?

Look around a minute and get yourself acquainted with the group.

Yes mom confessions... Im pretty sure I can reply to her post how I want she is basically asking out opinions and she got mine.....

You're so cute.  Confused, but cute.  Moving on now.

Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I think I see your point, Anon, and nice try, but again, it does nothing for the cause.

While your statement makes me find myself defending the opposing view, it doesn't do anything to change mine...but I am intelligent, relatively so, and confident and a free thinker, and not angry or bitter or weak to allow my passions blind me from seeing other's perspectives or even the realities standing before me.  Not everybody is like that!! 

People will read this and it will just fuel their fire and nothing good comes out of that except equally extreme statements that they don't even really mean either... It is just a vicious cycle all done in vain because it does absolutely nothing good for the cause.  This is an extremely sensitive topic and it just offends me when EITHER SIDE makes assumptions and passes judgements that simply are not true to the masses...yes, there are enough loonies to go around for everybody, there is not denying that fact, but I just believe that as an intelligent society and especially in environments where we have direct control over the message we want to convey, such as our posts on CM, we can do our best to eliminate these games.  It was very disappointing to read that comment... Although, I do get what you are saying, Anon, and see what you were trying to do....thanks for explaining your intention!! :-)  Makes me feel better that their was some purpose and thought to this and not just arbitrary callousness, but you just can't tell on here anymore....

Quoting Anonymous:

People are going to think what they're going to think.

Maybe by seeing how ludicrous their belief is, they'll see.  Sometimes it takes an over-exaggerated statement of idiocy to see things as they truly are. 

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Pro-life or Pro-choice, it doesn't matter.  This comment is disgusting and should be offensive to EVERYONE.  The ignorance and lack of respect for such an important and life altering experience is troublesome.  It is people and comments like this that really divide the groups further and mislead what the intentions truly are. 

Again, pro-life or pro-choice...whatever, I believe if we didn't go to such extremes in our statements, we would realize that MOST of us think a lot closer alike than what is perceived.  And because perception is reality, we do our women and our society no service by acting like absolute morons....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Why

Because I'm pro-choice.  It's what we do on the weekends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normally, pro-lifers can't see that.  They think that the decision is just as cut and dried as I've posted here.  They think that we, for the most part, are apparently eager to just hop up on the table and get abortions, like we're having a mole removed. 

But your actions by getting pregnant in the first place speak to the contrary. Do you understand why some would think that you are making such a life altering choice with such a non-chalant attitude? 

It's like that almost make sense and then - NOPE.  Could you clarify that for me, please?  I don't understand what you're trying to say.   Are you telling me that I had sex on a table?

You stated you thought people thought that you are eager to have an abortion like its just so easy to do, right? Well, you became pregnant pretty easlity right?

Well can you blame them for thinking that way? You became pregnant, which tells people you were not responsible, and you create a post like this. It wreaks of immaturity, and responsibility. Have the baby and give it up for adoption.

Because birth control always is 100% effective and every person who becomes pregnant without intending to was "asking for it"?

Pregnancy is 100% preventable. 

Rape victims are not responsible, nor are children. Were you a rape victim or are you a child?

If not, this is your fault...your body, your responsibility!

100% Preventable by abstaining, you mean.

And I think you mean "Your body, your choice."

Nope! Not just by abstinence either. Birth control meds taken the right way, along with a condom w/spermicide, during your least fertile days is 100% preventable. 

And no, I meant "Your body, your responsibility".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
ok so a pro-choicer bashing pro-lifers. *bam bam bam*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So from the looks of it this is a pro-lifer bashing pro-choicers? Did I hit the nail on the head or what?

Strike that, reverse it.  Carry on with your hammering.  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You're probably right.   So I'm liking this anonymously because that's what anons do.

*LIKE*

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

I think I see your point, Anon, and nice try, but again, it does nothing for the cause.

While your statement makes me find myself defending the opposing view, it doesn't do anything to change mine...but I am intelligent, relatively so, and confident and a free thinker, and not angry or bitter or weak to allow my passions blind me from seeing other's perspectives or even the realities standing before me.  Not everybody is like that!! 

People will read this and it will just fuel their fire and nothing good comes out of that except equally extreme statements that they don't even really mean either... It is just a vicious cycle all done in vain because it does absolutely nothing good for the cause.  This is an extremely sensitive topic and it just offends me when EITHER SIDE makes assumptions and passes judgements that simply are not true to the masses...yes, there are enough loonies to go around for everybody, there is not denying that fact, but I just believe that as an intelligent society and especially in environments where we have direct control over the message we want to convey, such as our posts on CM, we can do our best to eliminate these games.  It was very disappointing to read that comment... Although, I do get what you are saying, Anon, and see what you were trying to do....thanks for explaining your intention!! :-)  Makes me feel better that their was some purpose and thought to this and not just arbitrary callousness, but you just can't tell on here anymore....

Quoting Anonymous:

People are going to think what they're going to think.

Maybe by seeing how ludicrous their belief is, they'll see.  Sometimes it takes an over-exaggerated statement of idiocy to see things as they truly are. 

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Pro-life or Pro-choice, it doesn't matter.  This comment is disgusting and should be offensive to EVERYONE.  The ignorance and lack of respect for such an important and life altering experience is troublesome.  It is people and comments like this that really divide the groups further and mislead what the intentions truly are. 

Again, pro-life or pro-choice...whatever, I believe if we didn't go to such extremes in our statements, we would realize that MOST of us think a lot closer alike than what is perceived.  And because perception is reality, we do our women and our society no service by acting like absolute morons....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Why

Because I'm pro-choice.  It's what we do on the weekends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

lol.  Now you're getting it.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok so a pro-choicer bashing pro-lifers. *bam bam bam*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So from the looks of it this is a pro-lifer bashing pro-choicers? Did I hit the nail on the head or what?

Strike that, reverse it.  Carry on with your hammering.  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normally, pro-lifers can't see that.  They think that the decision is just as cut and dried as I've posted here.  They think that we, for the most part, are apparently eager to just hop up on the table and get abortions, like we're having a mole removed. 

But your actions by getting pregnant in the first place speak to the contrary. Do you understand why some would think that you are making such a life altering choice with such a non-chalant attitude? 

It's like that almost make sense and then - NOPE.  Could you clarify that for me, please?  I don't understand what you're trying to say.   Are you telling me that I had sex on a table?

You stated you thought people thought that you are eager to have an abortion like its just so easy to do, right? Well, you became pregnant pretty easlity right?

Well can you blame them for thinking that way? You became pregnant, which tells people you were not responsible, and you create a post like this. It wreaks of immaturity, and responsibility. Have the baby and give it up for adoption.

Because birth control always is 100% effective and every person who becomes pregnant without intending to was "asking for it"?

Pregnancy is 100% preventable. 

Rape victims are not responsible, nor are children. Were you a rape victim or are you a child?

If not, this is your fault...your body, your responsibility!

100% Preventable by abstaining, you mean.

And I think you mean "Your body, your choice."

Nope! Not just by abstinence either. Birth control meds taken the right way, along with a condom w/spermicide, during your least fertile days is 100% preventable. 

And no, I meant "Your body, your responsibility".

And if the birth control meds are interfered with by another medication that went undetected or if your cycle is so screwy that you can't tell your fertile days from your infertile days?  (Not everyone knows just when their egg is released every month.)

Of course, what happens if the spermicidal condom is defective or comes off?  It's been known to happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)