Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm having a cosmetic procedure done to my 7 month old tomorrow

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 70 Replies
And I'm REALLY struggling with it. My dd has port wine stains on a large part of her body and they are starting laser treatments on them tomorrow. They will put her under anesthesia to do them.

I am still so torn about whether to do them or not :(. I want to do them so she can have a normal childhood, but i have grown to love every single one of them. I just don't want her to look back and think that she wasn't good enough the way she is :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

You posted about her having them on her face, right? And those are the only ones you're doing? I would do it. GL mama.

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Don't feel bad. I would do it too.  

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Where are they?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Unless they are on her face or hands I would not do it, but otherwise you're just making life easier for her down the road

MommaOfFive440
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Im sure it is a tough decision, but in all honesty, I would too. Good luck and I hope it all works out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM
If they are on her face, I understand and would do it. I bet she will thank you down the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Piskie
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
What's the prognosis for them?
Have you spoken to other parents facing this decision, and more importantly, have you spoken to people who've got port wine stains or had them removed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Yes, she has them on her face, under her chin, back of her head, arms, chest, knee, backs of her legs, and on her back. They said they will do them all since they will have her under anyway.

Quoting alwayskk:

You posted about her having them on her face, right? And those are the only ones you're doing? I would do it. GL mama.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

i think you are doing a good thing. goo luck and it will all be ok

Vampyrechic
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I would do it. Specially if its on visible body parts. She will not look back and think that you didnt love her the way she was. She will thank you for not letting other kids be able to pick on her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)