Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

not crazy about sons teacher edit

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you think?
situation 1
first time meeting the teacher
Me: Konner does best when challenged please do not be afraid to challenge
Teacher: well it is not all about him

second situation
I had left a voicemail for teachers please send extra worksheets
a specific worksheet of a word challenge that he had struggles with. she never returned my call sending the wrong worksheet of what I was asking for. I just checked my email there is a email from the teacher saying" this is the problem I have with Konner I gave him worksheets "

yes you did give him work sheet he gave them to me they were the wrong ones.
I feel she should have called to confirm she understood. And not just blame my son without following up

Edit _ after reading my post I think there is some confusion about the second situation, my fault I don't think I wrote clearly left a message for his teacher if you have extra of the worksheet working on a proper letter size please put an extra 1 folder or let me know where to find another copy after 2 weeks with no call back no extra sheets. send 1 day it was a pack of worksheet in his folder however they were completely the wrong sheets so I did not make the connection that she thought they were the right sheets. a few days later I called her again saying how much he loves her class and I was having a hard time finding the worksheet could you please give me a call and help me find it online add then got an email saying I gave, worksheets he didn't follow my directions obviously didn't get them to you it was a miscommunication my problem was she accused my son instead of calling me to clarify what I was asking for she assumed he never gave me the sheets he did, but she is giving me the wrong ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Replies (121-123):
Gisella07
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I cannot believe how rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate a lot of these mothers are! Just reading through these comments I'm shocked! Why is anyone questioning how you spell your son's name?? What does that have to do with the original question?? I am really shocked by how these women are behaving! Bleh!
Now to address your question! I personally don't believe you were too out of line. The teacher could have been a bit more polite. Sure next time you want a worksheet you could find it online, but it's really not that big of deal! You were not "wrong" by any means for asking for an extra worksheet! Not a big deal, the teacher could have emailed you back with a place to find worksheet or if she was unsure which worksheet you were looking for she could hae contacted you. I don't see this as a stretch, not a big deal.
The way the teacher responded to your comment about konner liking to be challenged seemed rude to me too. It was just a comment, I understand what you were saying and she could have easily just smiled and said something like "That's what I like to hear! We'll have a great year this year". Her comment about Konner not being the only student wasn't even relevant to me. Of course he's not the only student, I don't see you implying he was?! You just introduced him..
Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
You are reading way to much into this. It was just a simple introduction. Of this is Konner, It could have been this is Konner he is 6, or his favorite color is red.
When I introduced my dd to her teacher I said " this is Hayden she loves to read"
To which her teacher said great I have some great books planed for the year.
Konners teacher could have simply said" that's great, me too"

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and I agree with you about the worksheet but little Konner's mommy wanted the teacher to acknowledge how very special little Konner is ...  and little Konner's mommy wanted special attention herself!   I'm referring to the first time meeting the teacher, not the worksheet incident, and I too see her being too pushy. 

Quoting Wydowness:

I had to reread this to understand for some reason.

Why can't you print out the worksheet yourself? Or get sheets with similar problems that way he is engaging and not just memorizing a set of specific problems. It's good that you're involved in your kids schooling but it seems like you're being too pushy with the teacher. Give her a break your child isn't the only one she's there to educate

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Oh my thank you so much, for understanding. I really appreciate your statement

Quoting Gisella07:

I cannot believe how rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate a lot of these mothers are! Just reading through these comments I'm shocked! Why is anyone questioning how you spell your son's name?? What does that have to do with the original question?? I am really shocked by how these women are behaving! Bleh!

Now to address your question! I personally don't believe you were too out of line. The teacher could have been a bit more polite. Sure next time you want a worksheet you could find it online, but it's really not that big of deal! You were not "wrong" by any means for asking for an extra worksheet! Not a big deal, the teacher could have emailed you back with a place to find worksheet or if she was unsure which worksheet you were looking for she could hae contacted you. I don't see this as a stretch, not a big deal.

The way the teacher responded to your comment about konner liking to be challenged seemed rude to me too. It was just a comment, I understand what you were saying and she could have easily just smiled and said something like "That's what I like to hear! We'll have a great year this year". Her comment about Konner not being the only student wasn't even relevant to me. Of course he's not the only student, I don't see you implying he was?! You just introduced him..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN