Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, it is an STD

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 25 Replies
Question: Is Hepatitis a Sexually Transmitted Disease?
Answer: Some types of hepatitis are sexually transmitted disease (STDs). The viruses that cause them are present in a person's blood, semen, and body fluid. Hepatitis A, B, and C all can be passed from an infected person to another during sexual contact.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleSquish
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

yeah, but hep B is also passed through blood and other body fluids. So it's not just an STD.

Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Sorry, I am mobile at work so I can't post links. It is transmitted through sex. Not only was this taught before we got the shot in 7th grade, a friend who worked at the local AIDS network confirmed this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

You should fact check a little better. C is EXTREMELY hard to get transferred sexually since it is in the liver. Most ppl that have Hep C did not get in from Sexual Realations. And A is via anal/oral.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
wrong..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Most of the time it is not from sex though. Hep A is food borne.. So missionary work is a risk, ect. Hep B and Hep C are 95% of the time contracted from IV drug use.
conweis
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
You can get hep A from food too. Our manager got hep A and we all had to be vax for it. This was pizza hut years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
So is HIV, and Hep C. Why do they get classified as STD's when Hep B apparently is not? Maybe the US just doesn't want it classified so the can keep sticking babies with vaccine after vaccine? Canada is not a third world country and our list of vaccines is less than half of the US. Here the only shot a baby gets under 2 months of age is vitamin K.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

yeah, but hep B is also passed through blood and other body fluids. So it's not just an STD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Hep B and Hep C can be contacted from semen but its rare. Hep A no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM
FFS
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Hep a can be passed through foods and contact. I had a young girl, not sexually active, who lives down the street from me get hep a. Her mom said it was from contaminated food. Everyone in the house had to be vaccinated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN