Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to SMACK anyone who says that she is ugly.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
5 moms liked this

This little girl's pictures have been circulating on FB lately and I can't believe how heartless some of the comments are.

One person even said that "People should stop lying to her and tell her how ugly she is. It's just mean to continue letting her live the lie that she is beautiful."

WTH? She has a disease called 'Progeria'.  It causes her to age rapidly. She is basically a little girl in the body of a 90 year old.  

How can some people be such freakin' A**holes to a little girl who is sicker than you can image and whose parents have to face that their baby is going to DIE before they do??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmom29
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

TraceyMR
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

She's beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM
23 moms liked this
We saw a little girl in walmart that had this. I was worried my dd would stare. When we were standing next to them my dd looked at her and said.....mom she is so pretty. I was so proud of her.
kimmie678
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM
That's a true thing my cousin went to school with a lil boy who had it

Quoting alexsmom29:

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I agree,OP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
17 moms liked this
I've seen her FB, her mom posts videos of her talking to her fans. She is super sassy with tons of personality. Her lifespan is so short, why not let her feel beautiful?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I don't know how true that face book story is but that is a real disease and i'm not sure it's the same girl but I watched a story on Anderson Cooper a while back about her and she was being bullied and called ugly because of this disorder,  it was very sad,  but she was very upbeat and positive!

Quoting alexsmom29:

Anonymous
2 moms liked this
So people can't have opinions? Sorry, but no I don't think she's beautiful. There is nothing appealing or easy on the eyes about her. Yes she is sick and will die yrs ahead of her time. But that doesn't take away the fact that she's not cute. She is very abnormal and odd.
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
This ugliness of this world is far beyond anything any of us could imagine.
LamiavitaDivina
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I agree! And she is a beautiful girl with Progeria!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)