Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to SMACK anyone who says that she is ugly.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This little girl's pictures have been circulating on FB lately and I can't believe how heartless some of the comments are.

One person even said that "People should stop lying to her and tell her how ugly she is. It's just mean to continue letting her live the lie that she is beautiful."

WTH? She has a disease called 'Progeria'.  It causes her to age rapidly. She is basically a little girl in the body of a 90 year old.  

How can some people be such freakin' A**holes to a little girl who is sicker than you can image and whose parents have to face that their baby is going to DIE before they do??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Replies (181-184):
kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

So if this were your child, you would not tell her she's beautiful every single day because it would be a 'lie'?

If this was your daughter and she asked you "mommy, am I beautiful?" you wouldn't say anything to her at all because it would be a 'lie'?

You wouldn't want to make her feel like she's beautiful and precious every moment you had her here with you?

Quoting Anonymous:

eh.. I'm not going to lie and say she's beautiful. I'm not calling her ugly because I wouldn't say that about a child.

Quoting kjoarcik:

And yet another hides behind Anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly, she's not beautiful. yes I do feel bad for her. its not her fault she has this disease. she shouldn't be called ugly because thats mean to say to anyone but she is not beautiful. she might be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Quoting alexsmom29:

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

The minute I saw the picture I knew what disease it was. It's real.

do11face
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM

People are very cruel.

I'm not sure how they live with themselves saying mean things about a little girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I would tell her shes beautiful if she was my daughter because in MY eyes she would be beautiful. every mother thinks their child is the most beautiful child on earth even when theyre not. shes not my daughter thats why I don't think she's beautiful but I am not calling her ugly either. I just think some people are always like "omg shes so beautiful and gorgeous" only because they feel bad for her.

Quoting kjoarcik:

So if this were your child, you would not tell her she's beautiful every single day because it would be a 'lie'?

If this was your daughter and she asked you "mommy, am I beautiful?" you wouldn't say anything to her at all because it would be a 'lie'?

You wouldn't want to make her feel like she's beautiful and precious every moment you had her here with you?

Quoting Anonymous:

eh.. I'm not going to lie and say she's beautiful. I'm not calling her ugly because I wouldn't say that about a child.

Quoting kjoarcik:

And yet another hides behind Anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly, she's not beautiful. yes I do feel bad for her. its not her fault she has this disease. she shouldn't be called ugly because thats mean to say to anyone but she is not beautiful. she might be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)