Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to SMACK anyone who says that she is ugly.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This little girl's pictures have been circulating on FB lately and I can't believe how heartless some of the comments are.

One person even said that "People should stop lying to her and tell her how ugly she is. It's just mean to continue letting her live the lie that she is beautiful."

WTH? She has a disease called 'Progeria'.  It causes her to age rapidly. She is basically a little girl in the body of a 90 year old.  

How can some people be such freakin' A**holes to a little girl who is sicker than you can image and whose parents have to face that their baby is going to DIE before they do??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
LovelyMommy24
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I find it to be appalling and sick that people refer to this little girl as ugly. Her appearance can not be helped, that doesn't mean you sit around calling her ugly. Look beneath her looks to what really matters, her personality. The next time you see a cancer patient with no hair are you going to call her ugly too? Same thing. Grow up. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

lol look at her fabulousness! She is so cute!

ShesALady
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Beauty is a persons whole. Anyone who says she's ugly is ugly themselves. Adults picking on a child. That right there is ugly in itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

She looks different and therefore my first thought is she is ugly, but after I look at her and really SEE HER, I think she is beautiful and so full of life. 

singlemom1208
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

She has all the characteristics of the disease.

Quoting alexsmom29:

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM
That is what she has. I saw her on t.v. talking about it before.

Quoting alexsmom29:

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Why the fuck are they even worrying about her looks?! Who cares! No one should tell her she is ugly! For one, it's rude as hell, and two, there's no point in it at all! What will it serve? Nothing. I doubt the parents are thinking about how pretty or not she is!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Because immature assholes can only see beauty in models...real and big hearted human beings see beauty in "flaws" and even more so within. That girl is beautiful to me because she radiates confidence and happiness. Those poses make me want to yell "work it smoochy!" Lol. She is amazing.
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the same girl too, she's not only beautiful, but has a wonderful upbeat personality.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know how true that face book story is but that is a real disease and i'm not sure it's the same girl but I watched a story on Anderson Cooper a while back about her and she was being bullied and called ugly because of this disorder,  it was very sad,  but she was very upbeat and positive!

Quoting alexsmom29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r_luvli
by Stacey on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Beauty is, as beauty does. She is an absolutely precious, and beautiful little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)