Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to SMACK anyone who says that she is ugly.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This little girl's pictures have been circulating on FB lately and I can't believe how heartless some of the comments are.

One person even said that "People should stop lying to her and tell her how ugly she is. It's just mean to continue letting her live the lie that she is beautiful."

WTH? She has a disease called 'Progeria'.  It causes her to age rapidly. She is basically a little girl in the body of a 90 year old.  

How can some people be such freakin' A**holes to a little girl who is sicker than you can image and whose parents have to face that their baby is going to DIE before they do??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this
honestly, she's not beautiful. yes I do feel bad for her. its not her fault she has this disease. she shouldn't be called ugly because thats mean to say to anyone but she is not beautiful. she might be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I use to see these kids on Maury along time ago and had always thought they were so adorable. So sad that we live in such a cruel world.
ReBelleFLeuR
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

her kind of beauty is the type one can't buy, fake or enhance... it radiates from the inside out!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Thats mean. Im not saying anything about a sick child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

That's what I thought but I didn't know 100%,  the story I saw was quite a while back.  I think it is horrible that some people acted towards her!  And I agree she is very beautiful!

Quoting xoxoDanicaxoxo:

I'm pretty sure that's the same girl too, she's not only beautiful, but has a wonderful upbeat personality.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know how true that face book story is but that is a real disease and i'm not sure it's the same girl but I watched a story on Anderson Cooper a while back about her and she was being bullied and called ugly because of this disorder,  it was very sad,  but she was very upbeat and positive!

Quoting alexsmom29:

I think if it is true, that's horrible? But how do you know what it is? Just because someone posted it on FB of all places doesn't make it true

AnnieMcD
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I went to school with a brother and sister (twins) who both suffered from this. They were the sweetest kids. Thankfully, nobody was mean to them.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

She is gorgeous and so sweet.I just love her confidence and poise.

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Gotta love the douchebags saying this child is ugly. That is what they are going to look like when they're old, too. 

Idjits.

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM

There was a documentary on TV a while back with children who have this disease. They had such high spirits and didn't let anything get them down. They even went to conventions with others with their disease. It was really inspiring.

I see photos like this posted on facebook and it'll say *like* if you think she's beautiful. I never really know if the picture was posted originally to make fun of those children or to really show them they are beautiful. So I never *like* it. 

I really do hope they believe they are beautiful though and not let anything get in the way of that. Every child is a blessing and is beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM

she is ugly.. but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad for her family. I am glad she has the confidence to strut her stuff!! Good for her!! God Bless her family as well 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN