Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i taking advantage of her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So I've fallen on hard times. I just went through a divorce. I live in low income housing for now, my best friend of about 7 years lives in the same apartment complex. I have a 3 yr old and a 12 month old. I work nights for now because I cant find childcare in the mornings. My mother watches my kids when I work.

My friend has a dd who turns 2 next month. She just got in trouble last month because she got caught driving with a revoked license, no insurance and expired plates. She has jail every weekend for the next few months and she no longer has her vehicle. Its a brand new vehicle so she still has to pay for it. Although I do feel bad for her, its not my problem. She got herself into that mess.

She only gets daycare for her dd a few days a week. Last night she was asking if I would babysit for her. She works 5am to 2pm. She thinks that since I dont work mornings, I can babysit for her. She offered to pay me $10

I said I would do it for $15. I mean, I'm going through alot right now too and money is tight. She said her dd would be sleeping half the time anyway so its only fair to pay me $10. But my kids wake up between 7 and 8 so there's no way her dd would sleep after that. I only asked for $5 extra and she says that I'm taking advantage of her. Am I? I dont see the big deal in an extra $5 for babysitting 9 hours and getting up alot earlier than I usually do
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

NO you are not. It sounds like she is trying to take advantafe of you.

bellawomen
by Summer on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Nope. Although I would never charge a friend, period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
$15 isnt to much, especially if your feeding the kiddo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surromama
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Not at all. That is a low price you are asking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM
No you are not. She is for sure trying to get over on you. I bet she pays a lot more than that for her regular child care. Hell, even as a teen ager I made more than that babysitting.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

No your not taking advantage of her. If anything she is you for trying to pay so little. Most people would charge at least 20 a day.

askmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM
$15 for a whole day is a bargin!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM
$10 is robbery. She's taking advantage of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM
See that's what I thought too but now she's mad at me and wont talk to me because I wouldn't babysit

Quoting surromama:

Not at all. That is a low price you are asking for.
surromama
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Where do you live? I ask because I am in California and that is dirt cheap. My sister pays me $25 to watch my 1 1/2 yr old niece. She knows that's low and couldn't find that anywhere else. Btw, she chose the price, I was going to take less because it is my niece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)