Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be Honest Now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

Would you of survived living in the 1920-50's? Wearing those clothes, doing your hair that way, being a good little housewife who kept her mouth shut on important things (saracasm alert)?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Hell no. I would have been one of the women's lib activists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ViridianSoul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
8 moms liked this

I would have loved to have lived in the 50s. It was the heydey of America, where for the first time in known HUMAN HISTORY the middle class was the majority!

I love those women and their dedication to their men and their families. The only thing that doesn't fly is staying mum on important issues; my DH wants to know my opinions on EVERYTHING...but I, of course, let him be the man and make the final decision.

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes I would HAVE survived bc I wouldnt have known differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have loved to have lived then. But I definitely would not have been keeping my mouth shut. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM
6 moms liked this

Every woman who lived during that time did not live like this - if they did, you wouldn't have the rights and privileges that you have today. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you of survived living in the 1920-50's? Wearing those clothes, doing your hair that way, being a good little housewife who kept her mouth shut on important things?

meparty
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Not the 20's, 50's yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Yes to all except keeping my mouth shut. lol

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure, why not, it would have been all I ever knew, so there would be nothing to compare it to. 

faire_jour
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Who said that you had to keep your mouth shut? Generally, good husbands would want their wife's opinion and then would go forward, as the head of the family, with whatever decision they made together.

SavannahV
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Nope. I would've killed myself if I had to be a SAHM. Ugh. In the 20s, I would've been a flapper lol. Which is what I'm gonna be for Halloween! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured