Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Everyone was commenting that I should have darker hair.
Here's my natural color. Lol
Darker hair pic added. Page 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Replies (71-73):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Of course you look better because you were a whale before you got pregnant. Now your thinner than when you started. 226 is huge and no matter what, your gonna look better after dropping 50 lbs. Baby or no baby. I think she is talking about normal growth and aging after having a baby. Not going from a fatty to less of a fatty. KWIM?

Quoting CharlieSays:

While I'm not bashing OP, I agree with anon. I do think so many women use having children as an excuse to let themselves go. I too looked much better after having children. I have a 2 year old and an 11 week old. The day I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd I weighed 226 lbs, and now I'm down to 176. No drastic diet either, just moderate walking every day, eating well, and breast feeding. I know every woman's body is different, but I think with a little effort, it doesn't have to be automatically assumed a woman to look like shit because she just had a baby.

Quoting PinkWink:

Prove it then, share pics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, pretty much actually. I have two under the age of 3 and I'm actually 40 lbs thinner than pre-children. Children aren't an excuse to let yourself go. Women just use it as that, an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

And do you look the same as you did after having kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

I like that you posted a photo nearly 5 years old. You look absolutely nothing like this anymore lol.

Starr1089
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course you look better because you were a whale before you got pregnant. Now your thinner than when you started. 226 is huge and no matter what, your gonna look better after dropping 50 lbs. Baby or no baby. I think she is talking about normal growth and aging after having a baby. Not going from a fatty to less of a fatty. KWIM?

Quoting CharlieSays:

While I'm not bashing OP, I agree with anon. I do think so many women use having children as an excuse to let themselves go. I too looked much better after having children. I have a 2 year old and an 11 week old. The day I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd I weighed 226 lbs, and now I'm down to 176. No drastic diet either, just moderate walking every day, eating well, and breast feeding. I know every woman's body is different, but I think with a little effort, it doesn't have to be automatically assumed a woman to look like shit because she just had a baby.

Quoting PinkWink:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, pretty much actually. I have two under the age of 3 and I'm actually 40 lbs thinner than pre-children. Children aren't an excuse to let yourself go. Women just use it as that, an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I like that you posted a photo nearly 5 years old. You look absolutely nothing like this anymore lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharlieSays
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Lmao. I know this was supposed to be mildly insulting but I laughed out loud at how you worded it. I do know what you mean though. But if with little effort it took me to lose 50+ lbs after having a baby, I'd think it wouldn't take much more effort to go from unfatty back to unfatty after pregnancy. Idk just my personal experience is all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CharlieSays:

Quoting PinkWink:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)