Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Complete this sentence: I could never live in.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For me its Alaska. They get 8 months of Winter! Bleh
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (241-250):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Texas, Oklahoma or ano of the other fly-over states.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Georgia or Florida.
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Delco. Its on the west side of philly. Its nice out there, my df lives a few twsp over. Very beautiful this time of year.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

well the zip on her daughters bday party invite says Newtown Square, PA 19073  so not sure which one that is lol

Quoting JakesMom712:

Newtown square close to the bridge? If so, we consider that jersey lol. There are two; newtown square and new town square- dumb right? Lol

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

ah ok.  north always associates south jersey as Philly territory.  lol.  My friend actually just moved not that far from Philly and shes from NY originally.  She thought she would hateeeee it but she really likes it now.  She's in Newtown Square

Quoting JakesMom712:

Lol. Actually im from philly. Most Philadelphians hate jersey, unless they're from the burbs or northeast philly. There used to be a song called big new jersey hair, lmao I wish i could find it. Soooo funny and soooo true. I have lived in new york before tho. Manhattan, loved it.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

ah ok so your really a NYer...I am as well.  Thats prob why neither of us care for south jersey much.....more of a Philly crowd.  I grew up in Manhattan then we moved to central NJ, then I moved back to the city for college and stayed.  My husband and I ended up moving back to NJ (well "back for me"..he grew up in Brooklyn and Long Island)mostly because of our kids.  We both grew up in a city environment and just felt for our kids suburbs with city exposure was better...and LI was just wayyy to expensive...so we live in north jersey for the past 4 years.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Yes north/central jersey and south jersey are completely different. I hate south jersey, words can't explain my hatred for it. From the people to the "malls", everything. I did look at houses in bergen county, still wasn't too fond but it was better than south jersey. I had to move back across the bridge to normality. Lol

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

To be honest I am not a fan of south jersey at all.  I find it very different from the central and northern parts of the state.  To each their own.  We like it here.  At least you lived here and formed your opinion on experience and not one visit.  i can respect that

Quoting JakesMom712:

I've been all over jersey, lived in south jersey. And I would never, ever live in jersey again. Jersey sucks.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

your limited opinion

Quoting momof2gingers:

Actually I have been to New Jersey and everyone I met there was rude. So I will stand by my opinion.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

Have you ever even been to NJ? I'm doubting it or you would feel differently.  There are parts of NJ that are really beautiful...sure there are bad parts but EVERY state has that.  NJ is NOT what you see on TV...Housewives, Jersey Shore etc..these are TV show...AKA NOT REAL regardless of them being dubbed "reality."  Everything I could need is at my finger tips, NYC, beautiful beaches, city, country, fabulous school systems.  Moving here from NYC was the best decision we ever made for our family and we are very happy here.  And not for nothing....as the 3rd richest state in the country it obviously can't be doing so bad.  It's so ridiculous when people make UNEDUCATED, INEXPERIENCED judgements based on stereotypes, television or something stupid like "I've been to the airport"  People should be so lucky to live here in my opinion

Quoting momof2gingers:

New Jersey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahsmommy508
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM
O.o phyco ex where at in Colorado ? That's where I am

Quoting cmgreen:

I could never live in Colorado, even thought I love it there, thanks to a pyscho ex.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM
I wouldn't consider monthly mortgage payments on a home "pouring money down the drain". That's just a ridiculous statement, paying rent maybe but not a mortgage. Every payment we make on our mortgage goes towards owning our home as well as building equity, something that you cannot get owning a trailer. Why should it bother anyone that the pp's reply was a trailer? I would never live in one either and I in no way look down on people who do. It's a personal preference. I live in Florida, right on the Gulf and I've seen what hurricanes can do to a trailer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in a nice trailer in a nice neighborhood. Thanks for sticking up for me. To the pp: I have no mortgage so I couldn't care less that it's not a regular house. And my yearly taxes are probably less than your monthy mortgage payment. Just think of all that money you're pouring down the drain cause you "could never" live in a trailer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guilty of what? I live in a nice three bedroom house on land. I'm not guilty of anything except correcting your spelling and defending those who do live in them, as I have good friends who do.

Quoting Newmom8912:

Very true! I've been in nice TRAILERS and I would never live in one. Not once did I say only nasty trailer park cunts live there. Guilty much?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's "trailer", and don't be such an uppity bitch. Many "trailers" are nicer than most apartments, etc.

Quoting Newmom8912:

a trailor

Josie_P
by Josie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol I've been there once to NYC. Wasn't like it was horrible but it's just too different from where I'm from.

Quoting D.O.E.:

same here, even though i have dual citizenship, it will never happen. that would be worst case scenario. like living in a hoarders house is worst case scenario. **shudders**

Quoting Josie_P:

The US

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Any place that gets below 60. I hate cold weather.
CheyanneW
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM
He had never seen one before. I showed him some videos and was looking at breeders and he freaked out. Said the leopard just kept chirping at him in his dream.

Quoting mrsfred07:

Lol! We just have the typical tabby now. And a dog. He doesn't like bigger kitties?

Quoting CheyanneW:

Me too! My DH had nightmares about being stalked by leopards after I mentioned it though. So I got a another Maine Coon.

Quoting mrsfred07:

Nope. Savannah. I know because I want her cat! *sigh* one day...

Quoting Anonymous:

Im thinking she has a Tiger or something

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Hawaii, New York, Massachusetts, Iowa, Alaska, and Georgia.. because they have a ban on  my cat! 

What did your cat do to get banned? O.o

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:48 AM
Oh yes! Many times. My husband has family there.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

AsI asked someone else...have you ever even been to NJ????

Quoting KeepJeep:

New Jersey or Indiana

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured