Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screw lazy people!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have the laziest freaking roommate in the world. She thinks because she is 19-20 weeks pregnant she can just lay the hell around all damn day. Doesn't clean up after herself or her kids, refuses to help cook and fix her kids a plate. I do it because I can't stand to see kids not eat. I can't fix mine a plate while her kids watch knowing it will take her forever to get up. Last time I tried that they waited almost 45 mins for her to fix their plates, while mine ate and cleaned up their places at the table.
Friday I scrubbed the hell out of my kitchen, bleached counters, fridge, stove, cleaned the tile grout, polished my china hutch, and gave my table a much needed wood treatment. It looked freaking awesome. Left Saturday for the day and came home to dishes piled up :( I can't stand it and can't sleep at night if it's a mess so I ended up doing the dishes. Sunday morning dh and I had some running to get done. Came home to the roommates making breakfast. Ok that's cool, I jump in and help. I guess my helping them cook was telling them I would clean up as well. They ate and vanished into their part of the house.
I'm so freaking done being the maid, housekeeper, and nanny.
Btw did I mention I take her kids to school everyday even when mine is either home sick or has to go early while they don't. If I didn't she would keep them home everyday.
I'm waiting on dhs job transfer to go through. It could be 2-8 months and I really don't want to go into a lease not knowing when we will be moving out of state. They moved in with us, I felt bad for them since they fell on hard times and couldn't keep up. I had a fully finished basement that was empty except for the laundry room and my oldest dds room. When we move they will be screwed because they can't afford the rent here $1600. Hell they have a hard time paying the $600 we charge them for the use of the basement which they have 4 of the 5 bedrooms down there, a full bath, and family room.
Things are going to change soon as I'm going back to work. Not that I have to its just something to get me out of the house. I'm going to be working 3rd shift to work around dhs hours, as I do not trust the girl with my 2 kids that are not in school yet.

Sorry had to vent, I know this isn't forever and before I know it I will be 4 states north west.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Guess its not interesting enough. Booo
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Lesson learned. Never take in boarders unless it's absolutely necessary for YOUR family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I feel your pain. I'm having a similar situation. My friend just thinks if she gets up to go to the kitchen she's gonna have a miscarriage. I feel sorry for her but its really ridiculous. Its just an excuse not to have to do anything.
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Funny, I posted in another post that I thought it was a bad idea for a mom and her husband to take a family who'd fallen on hard times into their already crowded house (much less space then you sound like you have) and she asked me why. I would love to show her this post and say, "this is why."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM
This is a pretty big house 5 bedrooms down 4 up plus an office/sunroom up. My oldest dd liked the idea of having the basement alone at first. Then she said it was lonely down there and just empty. I asked my other 2 teens if they wanted to split up and go down there. Yeah that didn't happen neither one liked the basement. My house is full, and I mean full. I have 6 kids, dh and myself. My youngest 2 share a room. As they share a dresser and toys. Then my 15&13 yr old in the 2nd biggest room. This was their choice, they have always shared a room. My 9 yr old has the smallest room. Oldest in the basement in the biggest room. Dh & I in the master bedroom up.
Roommates have 3 kids and one on the way at the end of January. 2 boys and a girl, not sure what the unborn one is. So the boys share a room, girl has her own then they have a room. Plus they have the family room.
Funny thing is I grew up with the chick. The guy and I have known each other since high school. I don't know what he sees in her. He is a clean freak and she is a slob, lol. We did it because our rent is 1600 and they agreed to and signed an agreement to 600 plus the water bill and their own food. That freed up an extra 725 a month for us to save for our move when it happens. So it's not like we didn't get a perk out of this. Dh had a heart to heart with them tonight though about her lazy ways. We will see how long it works. Not long since I just cleaned my kitchen while they went to bed.
I will NEVER take another family in after this.

Quoting MommyAddie:

Funny, I posted in another post that I thought it was a bad idea for a mom and her husband to take a family who'd fallen on hard times into their already crowded house (much less space then you sound like you have) and she asked me why. I would love to show her this post and say, "this is why."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)