Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, really?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I know this bitch, right? She's always whining about not having a man, why is it sooo haaarrrdd to find a good guy! when am I gonna find a man who will take care of me and the kids? yadda yadda blah blah blah. She's got 4 kids, all with different fathers. None of the guys stuck around. All but one are drug addicts and deadbeats. Any guy who is being nice to her, she thinks is in love with her. A guy hangs out with her once, she thinks they're dating. If he flirts with her? Forget it, she's ready to give it up! When the guy pulls away (as they inevitably do) because she's moving way too fast, she complains is not a real man...In short, she wants a man so bad to love her and take care of her and all her kids, that she can act pretty desperate.

To be honest, this friend of mine is really starting to get on my nerves. She asks me for advice, but will get angry and upset if you give it to her straight. Anything close to resembling the truth, and she will lash out...say "how dare you" or "I thought you were my friend!"...get her mad enough, and she'll start a nasty rumor about you (she did this to another girl).

So should I keep trying with her? What advice can I give her that is closest to the truth without offending her? Or should I just cut ties? She is getting so annoying with the whining!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I do, been married for 12 years now. And?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Because she's a friend. And she asks me for advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? And u care why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
So focus on your man and fuck*ng him rite vs who your friend is fuc*ing

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO can you read? I said she asked for my advice, so she made it my business! You sound angry and defensive, did my post strike a nerve? Are you the same way with guys? You seem like it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

cut ties

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM
No,i am nothing like you aka your friend with men. I have one child with one man and we have been happily married for 6yrs and together for a total of 10 :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO can you read? I said she asked for my advice, so she made it my business! You sound angry and defensive, did my post strike a nerve? Are you the same way with guys? You seem like it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

jjolsen77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

you are calling her your friend but you dont seem to be friend material

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Ok, so why sound so angry and defensive? Like I said, she asks my advice...all the time...so she's making it my business. I get why she asks me, I've been in a steady relationship for a long time.

And are you implying that the friend I'm talking about is actually me? You're reaching, sweetie. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No,i am nothing like you aka your friend with men. I have one child with one man and we have been happily married for 6yrs and together for a total of 10 :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

you are calling her your friend but you dont seem to be friend material

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Did you try telling her to slow down and take things slow? and a lot of guys don't like to be rushed into things they aren't ready for just as some women don't? Or that if she acts desperate, they're gonna take it as a sign of just wanting to get in the bedroom? idk what to tell ya lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)