Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, really?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I know this bitch, right? She's always whining about not having a man, why is it sooo haaarrrdd to find a good guy! when am I gonna find a man who will take care of me and the kids? yadda yadda blah blah blah. She's got 4 kids, all with different fathers. None of the guys stuck around. All but one are drug addicts and deadbeats. Any guy who is being nice to her, she thinks is in love with her. A guy hangs out with her once, she thinks they're dating. If he flirts with her? Forget it, she's ready to give it up! When the guy pulls away (as they inevitably do) because she's moving way too fast, she complains is not a real man...In short, she wants a man so bad to love her and take care of her and all her kids, that she can act pretty desperate.

To be honest, this friend of mine is really starting to get on my nerves. She asks me for advice, but will get angry and upset if you give it to her straight. Anything close to resembling the truth, and she will lash out...say "how dare you" or "I thought you were my friend!"...get her mad enough, and she'll start a nasty rumor about you (she did this to another girl).

So should I keep trying with her? What advice can I give her that is closest to the truth without offending her? Or should I just cut ties? She is getting so annoying with the whining!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
safi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Glozell?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Quoting safi:

Glozell?

jjolsen77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM

me presuming??? ok, well your wrong Im not, i just said you dont sound like good friend material. Why dont you try talking to her, or better yet let her live her life and you live hers and when she needs a shoulder to cry on because of a bunch of deadbeats then be there for her? well, thats how I would treat any real friend of mine anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

you are calling her your friend but you dont seem to be friend material

rissamom224
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Sounds just like this chick heather I know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

LOL Yeah, I told her all that, and every variation that I could think of. She just doesn't get it...she'll just say "I know, I know" or she will always find a reason to blame the guy. Sigh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you try telling her to slow down and take things slow? and a lot of guys don't like to be rushed into things they aren't ready for just as some women don't? Or that if she acts desperate, they're gonna take it as a sign of just wanting to get in the bedroom? idk what to tell ya lol. 

Dark_Soul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Where do you find any indication in this post that OP isn't fucking her man "rite"?

Oh, that's right....your ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

So focus on your man and fuck*ng him rite vs who your friend is fuc*ing

Quoting Anonymous:

I do, been married for 12 years now. And?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a man?????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Soul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM
When your friends come to you for advice, you don't offer it? You don't have their best interest at heart and strive to advise them on better life choices? Then you aren't a friend at all.

Quoting jjolsen77:

me presuming??? ok, well your wrong Im not, i just said you dont sound like good friend material. Why dont you try talking to her, or better yet let her live her life and you live hers and when she needs a shoulder to cry on because of a bunch of deadbeats then be there for her? well, thats how I would treat any real friend of mine anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
safi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Youtube lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting safi:

Glozell?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yeah at that point, I would probably just do a subject change everytime she brings it up lol or just straight out tell her that you've tried to give her advice before on the matter and she didn't want to hear it or listen and you don't know what else to say to help her situation out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL Yeah, I told her all that, and every variation that I could think of. She just doesn't get it...she'll just say "I know, I know" or she will always find a reason to blame the guy. Sigh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you try telling her to slow down and take things slow? and a lot of guys don't like to be rushed into things they aren't ready for just as some women don't? Or that if she acts desperate, they're gonna take it as a sign of just wanting to get in the bedroom? idk what to tell ya lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

LOL What kind of rational adult says that as a rebuttal? "You're wrong, I'm not! Nana nana boo boo!" 

Don't you think that I've tried all that? I mean, others who replied seem to have gathered that from my post. And what, because I get frustrated with her and for her, I'm not a "real" friend? Again: please.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jjolsen77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN