Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, really?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I know this bitch, right? She's always whining about not having a man, why is it sooo haaarrrdd to find a good guy! when am I gonna find a man who will take care of me and the kids? yadda yadda blah blah blah. She's got 4 kids, all with different fathers. None of the guys stuck around. All but one are drug addicts and deadbeats. Any guy who is being nice to her, she thinks is in love with her. A guy hangs out with her once, she thinks they're dating. If he flirts with her? Forget it, she's ready to give it up! When the guy pulls away (as they inevitably do) because she's moving way too fast, she complains is not a real man...In short, she wants a man so bad to love her and take care of her and all her kids, that she can act pretty desperate.

To be honest, this friend of mine is really starting to get on my nerves. She asks me for advice, but will get angry and upset if you give it to her straight. Anything close to resembling the truth, and she will lash out...say "how dare you" or "I thought you were my friend!"...get her mad enough, and she'll start a nasty rumor about you (she did this to another girl).

So should I keep trying with her? What advice can I give her that is closest to the truth without offending her? Or should I just cut ties? She is getting so annoying with the whining!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Right? I'm glad you get where I'm coming from!

Quoting Dark_Soul:

When your friends come to you for advice, you don't offer it? You don't have their best interest at heart and strive to advise them on better life choices? Then you aren't a friend at all.

Quoting jjolsen77:

me presuming??? ok, well your wrong Im not, i just said you dont sound like good friend material. Why dont you try talking to her, or better yet let her live her life and you live hers and when she needs a shoulder to cry on because of a bunch of deadbeats then be there for her? well, thats how I would treat any real friend of mine anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

you are calling her your friend but you dont seem to be friend material

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Never heard of her/him/it. I'm gonna have to check her/him/it out! LOL

Quoting safi:

Youtube lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting safi:

Glozell?

Jess__C
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Offer to give her Buyers renters freeloaders.( I forget the author. )Or
he's just not that into you.
You can pick them up super cheap. And if she gives you a hard time flat out tell her." Woman up! you do it to yourself. You don't wanna be my friend so be it! " that's what I would do. Don't be her enabler. Doesn't sound like you are but she wants you to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjolsen77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

ok let me re word what I meant to say...

we all learn different things at different times in our lives, she will continue to make mistakes, until she has had enough. You already know not to make these mistakes, but there was a time in your life where you made mistakes then you grew up, this could be age 19, it could be 29, or it could be 55! she will know who her real friends are when she has finally realized all the mistakes she made and when she grows up some.

hopefully you are kind enough to stick around and be there for her I re read the post to make sure I wasnt mistaken, but it seems to me that your "friend" has tons of growing up to do.

And it seems to me you probably need to tell her that you will no longer give her any advice until she makes different choices. But remind her that you will always be her shoulder to cry on.... remember live everyday as if its your last!  If something bad were to happen to either one of you, both of you will want good memories not bitter ones :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL What kind of rational adult says that as a rebuttal? "You're wrong, I'm not! Nana nana boo boo!" 

Don't you think that I've tried all that? I mean, others who replied seem to have gathered that from my post. And what, because I get frustrated with her and for her, I'm not a "real" friend? Again: please.

Quoting jjolsen77:

me presuming??? ok, well your wrong Im not, i just said you dont sound like good friend material. Why dont you try talking to her, or better yet let her live her life and you live hers and when she needs a shoulder to cry on because of a bunch of deadbeats then be there for her? well, thats how I would treat any real friend of mine anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

4 kids?  4 different dads?

Pffft.....  yeah, there's no rational guy looking at her for anything besides sex.

what should you do?  keep her as a friend (I guess) but forget about talking any sense to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I'm starting to realize that...maybe that's why I'm getting frustrated with her, too. As a friend, I want her to realize what she's doing wrong so she can attract a better man and have a better quality of life...she can't keep making the same mistakes, she has 4 kids to think of! Sigh.

Quoting Jess__C:

Offer to give her Buyers renters freeloaders.( I forget the author. )Or
he's just not that into you.
You can pick them up super cheap. And if she gives you a hard time flat out tell her." Woman up! you do it to yourself. You don't wanna be my friend so be it! " that's what I would do. Don't be her enabler. Doesn't sound like you are but she wants you to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Now, see? That makes much more sense! I'm gonna choose to ignore your initial replies and stick with this one, if you don't mind :)

Quoting jjolsen77:

ok let me re word what I meant to say...

we all learn different things at different times in our lives, she will continue to make mistakes, until she has had enough. You already know not to make these mistakes, but there was a time in your life where you made mistakes then you grew up, this could be age 19, it could be 29, or it could be 55! she will know who her real friends are when she has finally realized all the mistakes she made and when she grows up some.

hopefully you are kind enough to stick around and be there for her I re read the post to make sure I wasnt mistaken, but it seems to me that your "friend" has tons of growing up to do.

And it seems to me you probably need to tell her that you will no longer give her any advice until she makes different choices. But remind her that you will always be her shoulder to cry on.... remember live everyday as if its your last!  If something bad were to happen to either one of you, both of you will want good memories not bitter ones :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL What kind of rational adult says that as a rebuttal? "You're wrong, I'm not! Nana nana boo boo!" 

Don't you think that I've tried all that? I mean, others who replied seem to have gathered that from my post. And what, because I get frustrated with her and for her, I'm not a "real" friend? Again: please.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jjolsen77:

jjolsen77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

i guess no one saw the first sentence of the post?? It didnt say " have a friend who" it said " i know this bitch" lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? I'm glad you get where I'm coming from!

Quoting Dark_Soul:

When your friends come to you for advice, you don't offer it? You don't have their best interest at heart and strive to advise them on better life choices? Then you aren't a friend at all.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jjolsen77:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sadly, yeah: 4 kids, 4 different dads. It's gonna take a very special type of guy who will want to take on that kind of responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

4 kids?  4 different dads?

Pffft.....  yeah, there's no rational guy looking at her for anything besides sex.

what should you do?  keep her as a friend (I guess) but forget about talking any sense to her.

Schleetle
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
If you're worried being honest when she asks for advice will cause her to spread lies about you behind your back I don't even know why you consider her a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN