Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, really?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I know this bitch, right? She's always whining about not having a man, why is it sooo haaarrrdd to find a good guy! when am I gonna find a man who will take care of me and the kids? yadda yadda blah blah blah. She's got 4 kids, all with different fathers. None of the guys stuck around. All but one are drug addicts and deadbeats. Any guy who is being nice to her, she thinks is in love with her. A guy hangs out with her once, she thinks they're dating. If he flirts with her? Forget it, she's ready to give it up! When the guy pulls away (as they inevitably do) because she's moving way too fast, she complains is not a real man...In short, she wants a man so bad to love her and take care of her and all her kids, that she can act pretty desperate.

To be honest, this friend of mine is really starting to get on my nerves. She asks me for advice, but will get angry and upset if you give it to her straight. Anything close to resembling the truth, and she will lash out...say "how dare you" or "I thought you were my friend!"...get her mad enough, and she'll start a nasty rumor about you (she did this to another girl).

So should I keep trying with her? What advice can I give her that is closest to the truth without offending her? Or should I just cut ties? She is getting so annoying with the whining!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yeah, tell me about it. Daddy issues, ya know? :(

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

How incredibly sad that she is that desperate to be loved by a man. :( 

I say cut ties with her or learn to dodge the subject. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

She will never get a good man because she is too needy and she is scaring them away because the guys see how she is and are scared away because of her being so needy. She can't take the truth when you give her advice so it's not worth even trying because she gets upset when you tell it to her straight. Her kids are not her priority, finding a man is. I feel sorry for her kids because of that.  Someone like that is not worth the effort anymore.  You tried to give her advice and she didn't like it so she got upset.  She needs to grow up and it seems that maybe she will just have to learn the hard way.  She is way too desperate for a man and it's scaring them away.  Plus all those kids don't help either. 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I would start getting really busy. Too busy to hang out.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Uuuggghhhh..... sounds super annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Honestly, I'd probably drop her.  I can't deal with people who refuse to see that they are the cause of their own problems.  And I have a hard time respecting women who are desperate to find someone to take care of them.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hey now. I just might be. My kids know I really wanted to be a singer before having them and that I was in both my school choir and a professional choir ran by the dude in charge of the Harlem Boys Choir... They are encouraging me to try out for AI, The Voice and AGT. Maybe next year I'll be topping the music charts.

good

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I think you're right...Miss American Idol! LOL ;)

Quoting acrogodess:

If it really bothered me that much, I would just cut ties with her.

Dark_Soul
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM
And? My friends and I jokingly call one another bitch all the time.

Quoting jjolsen77:

i guess no one saw the first sentence of the post?? It didnt say " have a friend who" it said " i know this bitch" lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? I'm glad you get where I'm coming from!

Quoting Dark_Soul:

When your friends come to you for advice, you don't offer it? You don't have their best interest at heart and strive to advise them on better life choices? Then you aren't a friend at all.

Quoting jjolsen77:

me presuming??? ok, well your wrong Im not, i just said you dont sound like good friend material. Why dont you try talking to her, or better yet let her live her life and you live hers and when she needs a shoulder to cry on because of a bunch of deadbeats then be there for her? well, thats how I would treat any real friend of mine anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because I'm starting to get tired of hearing her complain all the time? Because of this one issue, you can deduce I'm not "friend material?" Please. Don't presume to know about me and my relationships, just because I am venting about one issue with one person. SMH.

Quoting jjolsen77:

you are calling her your friend but you dont seem to be friend material

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Wow, that is crazy! You had to have gotten frustrated with her at times though, no? What a sad story.

Quoting jjolsen77:

actually!!! I do her name is shelly, she has 5 kids all different fathers (no joke)  her mother died of hiv about 6 years ago and when that happened she woke up and got her shit together. She is now married to a wonderful man that accepts all her past mistakes and she loves me for always being there for her through her stupidness, and guess what??? I never refered to her as a bitch...

p.s. shellies mother was married once upon a time her husband was in the closet gay and when he came out he also found out he was positive which left her mom positive, very sad story but true as true can get.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously have never had a friend like that.

Quoting jjolsen77:

LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Give it up. Shes looking for what she wants to hear. Its a never ending battle. If it were me, i would stop being friends with her. I got enough to deal with without having to figure out someone elses life for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM

no, actually to be honest I have patience for people. I have done my wrong and made my own bad decision in men. I have kids and they had 2 different fathers. I wouldnt judge someone. Shellie was molested as a child and she kept it to herself for many years, I believe this is why she went through men like she did. I felt sorry for her more then anything for not knowing how to deal with jerks. it was a vicious cycle

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, that is crazy! You had to have gotten frustrated with her at times though, no? What a sad story.

Quoting jjolsen77:

actually!!! I do her name is shelly, she has 5 kids all different fathers (no joke)  her mother died of hiv about 6 years ago and when that happened she woke up and got her shit together. She is now married to a wonderful man that accepts all her past mistakes and she loves me for always being there for her through her stupidness, and guess what??? I never refered to her as a bitch...

p.s. shellies mother was married once upon a time her husband was in the closet gay and when he came out he also found out he was positive which left her mom positive, very sad story but true as true can get.

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously have never had a friend like that.

Quoting jjolsen77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)