Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
hddcooper
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Too much dr pepper and not enough exercise :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM

When looking at the younger crowd, I think the government has a lot to do with the obesity epidemic. There is some level of laziness involved as they become adults but once you have learned a behavior most of your life it's really difficult to break that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Bad food choices,excuses,convience,and lack of activity
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Idk. But I have noticed there are a lot of overweight young people. Even high schoolers. I don't remember that when I was in high school, or young adulthood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Only a dog likes a bone.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

It's so easy to get fat. Fast food, processed food. We got tv , & the internet that people *including myself* can sit in front of & not even realize how much time goes by. I think that is a big factor.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Time......with everything in life.....sometimes there's no time to work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM
For me, personally, I put on a lot of weight after I had the Essure procedure done.
I am very active and do eat fairly healthy (although I do love a good chocolate anything now and then LOL!) it is just one of the many horrible side effects.

Everyone is not the same, and will have different reasons. I will say that even after trying and trying to lose weight, it comes back really fast. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I'm fat because I used to eat like shit. I had no self control, and I ate constantly and it was all junk. I have changed my eating habits, but I HATE exercising so I don't. 

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

50 years ago people ate butter and didn't worry about exercizing.  Now, people are getting gym memberships and fad diets. I've heard that our wheat and grains are overly processed now, they are processed differently now than they used to be back then, which makes them bad for us, and causes blood sugars to get too high, and causes weight gain.  It makes it easier for farmers to grow, and makes the food look good and colorful, and resistant to naturally rotting.  Our food is much more processed with more preservatives, and pesticides in it. I think that's why cancer is more prevalent these days. I think most of our food is just poisonous overprocessed junk that's good for the farmers but bad for us.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN