Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (131-140):
ajrjj05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I have three babies and still weigh my high school weight of 115lbs! Fat people sometimes can't help it and sometimes they are just lazy!

GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Its easy to gain it and a pain in the ass to lose it. not everyone has the drive and motivation to be consistent in their weight loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM
you are very lucky! I'm jealous !

Quoting ajrjj05:

I have three babies and still weigh my high school weight of 115lbs! Fat people sometimes can't help it and sometimes they are just lazy!

Apr1l
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

People don't have self controll!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I think it's all of the above and sometimes none of the above. It's simply not a clean cut thing. There are many reasons, many excuses.

For me personally. It was a little bad life time habits, emotional struggles, laziness, stress, medical abnormalities, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting at the moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM
The goverment ???!! Lol they dont gave anything to do with a person's laziness , lack of motivation , eating habits etc .... VERY few ppl cant lose weight due to illnesses ( but you'll hear that almost everyone has an illness * rolls eyes* ) i was 119 when i got preg with ds1 and now 3 yr later and another baby i am at 135 . Im doing what i can to lose weight and some days km not as eager to excercise ( sp?) but i have enough motivation to do it :) my boys are 3 and 1 and i want them to feel proud snd happy to have s healthy and hot looking mom :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I think government is to blame for part of it- mainly their lack of regulation. They allow gmo's whereas most countries do not. They have allowed monsanto to put small organic farmers out of business for years which has drastically cut what fresh produce is available to the people. They allow major factory farming of meat that is all grain fed and cheap so we do not eat like people did in the past. Meat wasn't the centerpeice of every meal, and it shouldn't be. Aside from that people make bad decisions and are not as active-this comes with the technology we now have. The majority of people are not getting their exercise through work, gardening and housekeeping anymore. Let's not forget all the crap in processed food, they design the foods to make us eat. Especially foods with msg, a "flavor enhancer" that has been proven to make people over eat. Everyone has some responsibility in the issue and not enough is being done to remedy it.
ajrjj05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM

not bragging but yes I am, although since I hit 30 two yrs ago i noticed my thighs are packing on the lbs. I think I am like 118 now, still not bad. I would never call a bigger person lazy cause I have seen some of them try so so hard, but then again you see some that don't try at all. :(  Myself, I don't try I don't worry about what I eat I just eat.  

Quoting Anonymous:

you are very lucky! I'm jealous !

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Or even promotion of the 'big is sexy' 

Quoting areles:

fat acceptance is by far the biggest culprit.

roxiekittie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

im sorry i was in a bad mood as it was and i have had so many people be so negitive to me about losing weight bc im so big (my own mother told me iw as gonna die from a heartattack and is totally digusted by me)  so my apologies

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you assuming this was argumentative. From my perspective I  simply asked for clarification on what you were saying......I know this is a wild concept ;) 

....and just for fun. 

Quoting roxiekittie:

I didnt say non of that was, why is everyone so argumentive tonight? im just saying its more than that!  i cant just eat veggies and turkey and expect to lose weight, my nutionist told me this herself. I am on a diet that I follow and that is working fine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

May I ask what she listed that wasn't high protien and/or high fiber?

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were trying to say though... 

Why is this anon? I didn't click anon! 

Quoting roxiekittie:

Im not talking like that simple stuff, with me its much more than taht, i have to buy high fiber and high protien stuff,  stuff like pasta nad bread is cheap i mean like what i can afford cheap, so i tend to buy more of it! I need stuff thats MENT to help you lose wieght for me its not just a diet change its a whole lifestyle

Quoting svolkov:

Organic food is expensive. Healthy food is very cheap imo. I can buy ground turkey,veggies, and beans for cheaper than a bag of doritos lol

Quoting roxiekittie:

im really bad im like 245 from 180 before that iw as 130 with me it was never food it was kids and pregnancy and stress, i would lose then i would gain it all plus some back! its really hard for me being like this!  i get so many stares and shit when out in public, but i been working out with cardio for 3 months now,  i have just increased it to 45 mins every day and been trying to watch what i eat, wedont have alot of money and healthy food is expensive

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured