Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (141-150):
BlessedBeX3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

eating meat, junk foods, drinking crap, and poluting their bodies with toxins. also studies have shown that people in america are the most lazy people. Everyone leads a sedentary lifestyle. Also the delivery of food, the convinience of fast food resturants and technology makes people even more lazy and overweight.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Depression.  Some of us medicate when we are depressed and others eat and stop caring and feel like losing weight is a lost cause.  We need to realize the biggest problem is how we think we think about ourselves.  There are also so many other reasons.  Lack of education, not making time for ourself, medications, stress, and probably a few others I forgot.  8 years ago I had a tubal that really messed up my hormones and cause me to gain a lot of weight quickly.  I have finally found something that works for me but it took a long time to find something that works for me.  Laziness has nothing to do with weight gain.  There are many skinny lazy people and there are many obese hard working people.  

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

bad eating habits, lack of exercise.  But then there is always hereditary and health problems like hypothyroidism and such that cause excess weight gain.  I wish I could lose my belly fat.  I had 3 children in 40 months  by csections and I cannot lose it :(  

AnAngelsKiss
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM
After delivering 6x I am 33yo and a size 10. Idk what you concider over weight. Yeah I am not the size 5 I used to be yet I look back at the pics from back then and looked sick face all sunk in. I am a bit thick yet would rather have the curves I have now then to look sickly skinny. So in some cases could be prefrences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wagners7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

In a nutshell, we eat too many processed junk foods in large quantities.  Why?  Convenience.  Why?  Because we are a nation that almost requires two working incomes and everyone is too tired to prepare a proper meal.  Add to the fact that in a computerized world we sit entirely too much.  It takes personal responsibility to change the cycle and move more and eating less. 

Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

It's lack of knowledge.  People are so busy and they just don't realize that all the foods that are made for convenience are so bad for you.  Then, when we eat those foods, it slows down our metabolism and makes us more tired than we should be.  This alone and working long hours and trying to raise a family at the same time is what takes a toll on my body.  I've lost 33 pounds after learning how to read labels and make better choices about what I'm eating.   I still eat the foods I want, but I am able to track how much of certain foods are acceptable amounts.

Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

This - and we also aren't naturally physically active like many other cultures.  Many of us have very sedentary jobs and simply don't move enough.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

Because people in general do not take the time to take care of themselves and all the overprocessed crappy foods that are available are awful for you.  Advertising leads us to beleive that things are healthy that most certainly are not.  Americans as a whole tend to be very busy people and do not take the time to fit healthy lifestyle planning in to the day I think.  Other countries are not like this.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

For me its medical.

Otherwise I blame high fructose corn syrup, GMOs, corporate greed and government croniysm and yep, laziness.

Oh and societies move away from laborious jobs. 

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Food is fun and taste good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Bad foods are cheaper, bad foods are easier to make. Fastfood is easy to pick up on the way home. It's easier to eat bad then good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)