Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Years of bad eating habits.  Being told by the doctor to eat more when I was pregnant.  Not making losing weight a priority.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM
was it really necessary to go there?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a dog likes a bone.
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

For me, personally, I put on a lot of weight after I had the Essure procedure done.
I am very active and do eat fairly healthy (although I do love a good chocolate anything now and then LOL!) it is just one of the many horrible side effects.

Everyone is not the same, and will have different reasons. I will say that even after trying and trying to lose weight, it comes back really fast. :(

I have essure too, but I don't understand how it has side effects since it's not hormonal and doesn't change your body chemistry at all?  It just blocks your tubes.  I don't see how that relates to weight gain.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Because no one knows how to cook any more. Everything comes out of a box, or the freezer to be put in the Microwave, or it's fast Food. The crap everyone's eating is loaded with Nitrates, salt and chemicals that your body doesn't know how to deal with.  So, it stores the extra calories as fat.

Krystle21
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Food is so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
That's what I think

Quoting peachesforme:

50 years ago people ate butter and didn't worry about exercizing.  Now, people are getting gym memberships and fad diets. I've heard that our wheat and grains are overly processed now, they are processed differently now than they used to be back then, which makes them bad for us, and causes blood sugars to get too high, and causes weight gain.  It makes it easier for farmers to grow, and makes the food look good and colorful, and resistant to naturally rotting.  Our food is much more processed with more preservatives, and pesticides in it. I think that's why cancer is more prevalent these days. I think most of our food is just poisonous overprocessed junk that's good for the farmers but bad for us.  

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
No motivation, dependence on medication and overall bad diets...and don't get me started on the crap additives to foods :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
This! The only time I have been overweight is just after having a baby(and I gain a ton-65lbs,60lb,and 45lbs!) But I always work it off. I'd say its mostly a horrid diet. The things I hear and see women eating/feeding their kids is scary :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Eating too much if the wrong food and lack of activity

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

food is good

shudderette
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
This. It's easy to be fat. Being fit takes work. Good for you for working so hard! I'm trying. I admit I could try harder but life gets in the way. And that's only because I let it.

Some things are more important to me, like enjoying a meal instead of eating (another!) plain chicken breast. Mmm fried chicken and mashed potatoes... and cheesecake for dessert. Yep, I'll take that instead.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

It's so easy to get fat. Fast food, processed food. We got tv , & the internet that people *including myself* can sit in front of & not even realize how much time goes by. I think that is a big factor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN