Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
It's the American diet and way of life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
o.O

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a dog likes a bone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
A lack of self worth and respect. Unless one is fat for a valid medical reason, then I simply think that lack love for themselves. Otherwise, they would treat the only body they have better. They'd appreciate their youth and spend time outdoors and exercising, and respect their bodies by putting health conscience food and drink in their body. Instead they eat too much and don't exercise enough, causing them to gain more weight, which lowers the self worth even more, so they get lazier and eat worse and get fatter...It's a bad cycle, that I've seen so many family members do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
me too :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I think

Quoting peachesforme:

50 years ago people ate butter and didn't worry about exercizing.  Now, people are getting gym memberships and fad diets. I've heard that our wheat and grains are overly processed now, they are processed differently now than they used to be back then, which makes them bad for us, and causes blood sugars to get too high, and causes weight gain.  It makes it easier for farmers to grow, and makes the food look good and colorful, and resistant to naturally rotting.  Our food is much more processed with more preservatives, and pesticides in it. I think that's why cancer is more prevalent these days. I think most of our food is just poisonous overprocessed junk that's good for the farmers but bad for us.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

This and lately I've eaten like crap and haven't taken my thyroid pills but I'm not overweight I just feel crappy about myself right now. :(

ETA: Also everyone is pressed for time, I'm exhausted when I get home from work and the last thing I want to do is cook and clean. Back in the day most wives stayed home and made home made meals nightly.

Quoting peachesforme:

50 years ago people ate butter and didn't worry about exercizing.  Now, people are getting gym memberships and fad diets. I've heard that our wheat and grains are overly processed now, they are processed differently now than they used to be back then, which makes them bad for us, and causes blood sugars to get too high, and causes weight gain.  It makes it easier for farmers to grow, and makes the food look good and colorful, and resistant to naturally rotting.  Our food is much more processed with more preservatives, and pesticides in it. I think that's why cancer is more prevalent these days. I think most of our food is just poisonous overprocessed junk that's good for the farmers but bad for us.  

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting wooly:

Because no one knows how to cook any more. Everything comes out of a box, or the freezer to be put in the Microwave, or it's fast Food. The crap everyone's eating is loaded with Nitrates, salt and chemicals that your body doesn't know how to deal with.  So, it stores the extra calories as fat.

dr. oz said that nitrates cause colon, intestine, and stomach cancers if you eat a lot of deli meat or hot dogs.  We only get the nitrate free stuff for our kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

No bashing from me.  I have had friends who bemoan their weight but when I offer suggestions to help them lose there's always some excuse why they can't.   So many people want to take a magic pill and never have to put forth any effort to get in shape.  Even bariatric surgery is not a magic fix - it requires a complete lifestyle change, or you can end up fatter than you started out.  No matter what, it takes sacrifice and work if you want to lose weight and keep it off.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

....why would it be the government? o.0

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Lol my non just had a baby weight is 150lbs...how is that a bone?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a dog likes a bone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Well three kids. 2 are special needs. No time for me. Both knees are completely out and my shoulder is out. I have a bad back from a car wreck when i was 16. I suffer from depression and anxiety. And im f'ing hungry all the damn time. Ive been fat since the day i was born..lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)