Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is everyone so overweight

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM

im really bad im like 245 from 180 before that iw as 130 with me it was never food it was kids and pregnancy and stress, i would lose then i would gain it all plus some back! its really hard for me being like this!  i get so many stares and shit when out in public, but i been working out with cardio for 3 months now,  i have just increased it to 45 mins every day and been trying to watch what i eat, wedont have alot of money and healthy food is expensive

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Us too!(Love dr oz btw lol)

Quoting peachesforme:

Quoting wooly:

Because no one knows how to cook any more. Everything comes out of a box, or the freezer to be put in the Microwave, or it's fast Food. The crap everyone's eating is loaded with Nitrates, salt and chemicals that your body doesn't know how to deal with.  So, it stores the extra calories as fat.

dr. oz said that nitrates cause colon, intestine, and stomach cancers if you eat a lot of deli meat or hot dogs.  We only get the nitrate free stuff for our kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
What is a "non" and how does it have a baby?

Quoting svolkov:

Lol my non just had a baby weight is 150lbs...how is that a bone?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a dog likes a bone.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I got it done over 4 years ago.
I started gaining weight about a year after it was done. At one of my yearly check ups, I asked about the weight gain.. after checking my thyroid and such, the doctor sat down and said it was more then likely the essure coils. If you look online, you will see I am not the only one.

Quoting peachesforme:

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

For me, personally, I put on a lot of weight after I had the Essure procedure done.
I am very active and do eat fairly healthy (although I do love a good chocolate anything now and then LOL!) it is just one of the many horrible side effects.

Everyone is not the same, and will have different reasons. I will say that even after trying and trying to lose weight, it comes back really fast. :(

I have essure too, but I don't understand how it has side effects since it's not hormonal and doesn't change your body chemistry at all?  It just blocks your tubes.  I don't see how that relates to weight gain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Me too.

Quoting svolkov:

me too :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I think

Quoting peachesforme:

50 years ago people ate butter and didn't worry about exercizing.  Now, people are getting gym memberships and fad diets. I've heard that our wheat and grains are overly processed now, they are processed differently now than they used to be back then, which makes them bad for us, and causes blood sugars to get too high, and causes weight gain.  It makes it easier for farmers to grow, and makes the food look good and colorful, and resistant to naturally rotting.  Our food is much more processed with more preservatives, and pesticides in it. I think that's why cancer is more prevalent these days. I think most of our food is just poisonous overprocessed junk that's good for the farmers but bad for us.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Organic food is expensive. Healthy food is very cheap imo. I can buy ground turkey,veggies, and beans for cheaper than a bag of doritos lol

Quoting roxiekittie:

im really bad im like 245 from 180 before that iw as 130 with me it was never food it was kids and pregnancy and stress, i would lose then i would gain it all plus some back! its really hard for me being like this!  i get so many stares and shit when out in public, but i been working out with cardio for 3 months now,  i have just increased it to 45 mins every day and been trying to watch what i eat, wedont have alot of money and healthy food is expensive

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
McDonalds, duh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting svolkov:

Us too!(Love dr oz btw lol)

Quoting peachesforme:

Quoting wooly:

Because no one knows how to cook any more. Everything comes out of a box, or the freezer to be put in the Microwave, or it's fast Food. The crap everyone's eating is loaded with Nitrates, salt and chemicals that your body doesn't know how to deal with.  So, it stores the extra calories as fat.

dr. oz said that nitrates cause colon, intestine, and stomach cancers if you eat a lot of deli meat or hot dogs.  We only get the nitrate free stuff for our kids.

Yay! someone else is nitrate free!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
U can't blame anyone else...its either ur own fault or a medical reason that u can't control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

What does that mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a dog likes a bone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured