Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

baby girl clothes.....help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
So i have a baby girl. And a ton of clothes that she grew out of. Im planning to keep certain outfits and figure i should do something with the rest.

Only problem is i dont know what.
I dont really have the room to store them. & they werent that cheap. I mean some were & others werent, so i dont really want to rid of expensive clothes to rather poor purposes.

There isnt a salvation army around to donate them, and the goodwill is hours away. There are second hand stores around that will take them and sell them for 40/60 profit. (I get 40.) Which im fine with just giving them to someone who needs them. But everyone around here, that i know of are having boys... what should i do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM

craigslist. you can sell them on there! i go there all the time looking for clothes! 

PinkieRed
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Sell the clothes on Craigslist or Ebay. Or give them away on Freecycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

if you want to give them away you can also go to freecycle

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Craigslist or ebay

Karasfirst
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
What size are they? I know several people who pay good money for second hand clothes plus shipping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe donate them to a battered women's shelter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Newborn up to 3-6 months. And soon it will go up to 6-9 months.

Quoting Karasfirst:

What size are they? I know several people who pay good money for second hand clothes plus shipping!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I would like to help those in need, like i was helped when i found out i was pregnant. But i live in such a small, empty area that there is nothing around. Its just land, and forests. There are no shelters, goodwills or donation places around for miles. Or otherwise id be more than happy to give them to someone who needs them.

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Maybe donate them to a battered women's shelter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mvbullock
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I could really use girl clothes but I'm in need of 18mths & 24 mths sizes. When my kids outgrow their clothes I sell back to kid's resale shops or sell them on Craigslist. I buy most of my kids clothes second hand from these places as well.

Dextons_Mommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I'm giving my son's old clothes to my SIL in case she has a boy (she has two girls, and I know she'll be trying for another child). I will probably also give her my daughter's old clothes for if she has another girl. Do you have any family members who may have more children you could give them to? Or you could try selling them on Craigslist, if you want to make some money off them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN