Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Change it? Or keep it? Opinions Welcome *Pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

I loved this Color three years ago, not sure I do anymore, Id also like to change the mirror above the Fireplace. Thats my DF hanging the fall decotations. I was talking about wanting to paint he says leave it. What do you all think? Change? I love cream hues, or browns,,,Ideas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the painting idea. I don't like how the mirror comes all the way down to the mantel. With so much space I would make sure there was some space between the mantel and whatever you choose.

Quoting 4noodles4me:

A much smaller, square one or maybe just a large painting

Quoting TheMrs407:

I agree with you. I hate brown though. I think I would do some sort of blue or green. I love mirrors above fire places, but this one is a bit much or the wrong shape. What were you thinking of replacing the mirrior with?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I love reds, DF hates them haha, he thru a fit I bought red chairs to go in there

Quoting Luna091306:

Man I'm jealous! Beautiful home! I'd paint it.You should do an accent color like red or a dark brown in then centers. I'm not decor saavy so sorry if that makes no sense.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7224
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep the mirror, painy it a tan color. I like the warmth but its not aa distracting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Thank you very much, I had a idea with Chocolate color, teal and cream

Quoting babyboy117:

I would do a cream color. You have a beautiful home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tjane3000
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it, classy.

4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Oh he wouldnt do it, it takes a week of me nagging for him to get the latter in for me to decorate, he has no patients with decorating or painting lol. Id have to hire it out

Quoting tennisgal:

I think he doesn't want to paint that gigantic room again ;)

i like the color, but i prefer darker colors and in that bright room a darker color would work great. i don't *love* the mirror over the fireplace, but i also don't have suggestions for something to replace it with. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the mirror. 

But that looks like baby poop green

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it all. Maybe not the red chair with it though... if you paint, I'd leave the mirror. It looks good with the other trim. 

Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It is very nice, but it sounds like you need a change.  I know I am like that, I like to change paint colors after every few years to keep things fresh and for keeping me from getting bored and not happy with my home.

As far as the mirror, Iike it, and in a room that size, I think it is necessary, but I do think it could use a little something!  I did see this once where the people frosted it with a really cool design they made themselves and, at first I thought that would be soooo tacky, BUT, it actually worked out really well....the frosted design gave enough interest to the eye and added decoration to the room, like a painting, but it still reflected a lot of light in the room so adding the design didn't darken like I thought it would and they kept the design simple like swirly scrolls and stuff like that so it wasn't an overpowering design like a big flamingo or something like that.  To take the mirror down, would compromise a lot in the room, I think....

This is a beautiful room, darling!!  Have fun making it marvelous!!  Oh, and take pics, we wanna see the final masterpiece!!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the mirror. At first I thought it was like alcove or something over the fireplace lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN