Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Change it? Or keep it? Opinions Welcome *Pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

I loved this Color three years ago, not sure I do anymore, Id also like to change the mirror above the Fireplace. Thats my DF hanging the fall decotations. I was talking about wanting to paint he says leave it. What do you all think? Change? I love cream hues, or browns,,,Ideas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Okay, for clarifcation: Will YOU change the color and take down the mirror or will you have your husband do it?
I ask because he said "leave it" :) That means he really doesn't wanna do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM
A square mirror will be boring & the ceiling is to tall for anything smaller.
firemouse23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that mirror there...the color definitely needs a change up though.

4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I would love to change it up, to me the color is drab and I knew when we bought it Id change it just hadnt had time. Thank you very much, Ill have to think about the mirror idea

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

It is very nice, but it sounds like you need a change.  I know I am like that, I like to change paint colors after every few years to keep things fresh and for keeping me from getting bored and not happy with my home.

As far as the mirror, Iike it, and in a room that size, I think it is necessary, but I do think it could use a little something!  I did see this once where the people frosted it with a really cool design they made themselves and, at first I thought that would be soooo tacky, BUT, it actually worked out really well....the frosted design gave enough interest to the eye and added decoration to the room, like a painting, but it still reflected a lot of light in the room so adding the design didn't darken like I thought it would and they kept the design simple like swirly scrolls and stuff like that so it wasn't an overpowering design like a big flamingo or something like that.  To take the mirror down, would compromise a lot in the room, I think....

This is a beautiful room, darling!!  Have fun making it marvelous!!  Oh, and take pics, we wanna see the final masterpiece!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would change the color, but not the mirror.

4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM
He has no time or patients for it lol. Id hire a crew for the painting part. Of course DF said " guess if its what you want go for it"

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Okay, for clarifcation: Will YOU change the color and take down the mirror or will you have your husband do it?

I ask because he said "leave it" :) That means he really doesn't wanna do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Not sure, thats why I was asking for ideas :)

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

I would go with a tan color. What are you going to replace the mirror with?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Change is good, honey, go for it!!  As far as the mirror idea goes, listen, I know I am not doing it justice in my description, but I swear to you, the people had a room very similar to yours (I think they had less windows, didn't do the top row on the opposing wall, which I absolutely love and think is a must in a room like that!) and it didn't look like something you made at church group craft club...seriously, it stayed classy.  I am sure there is a term for it, I just don't remember any of the details...Have fun googling it, I am sure you will get tons of ideas that way or, maybe better yet, check out Pinterest.com!!

Quoting 4noodles4me:

I would love to change it up, to me the color is drab and I knew when we bought it Id change it just hadnt had time. Thank you very much, Ill have to think about the mirror idea

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

It is very nice, but it sounds like you need a change.  I know I am like that, I like to change paint colors after every few years to keep things fresh and for keeping me from getting bored and not happy with my home.

As far as the mirror, Iike it, and in a room that size, I think it is necessary, but I do think it could use a little something!  I did see this once where the people frosted it with a really cool design they made themselves and, at first I thought that would be soooo tacky, BUT, it actually worked out really well....the frosted design gave enough interest to the eye and added decoration to the room, like a painting, but it still reflected a lot of light in the room so adding the design didn't darken like I thought it would and they kept the design simple like swirly scrolls and stuff like that so it wasn't an overpowering design like a big flamingo or something like that.  To take the mirror down, would compromise a lot in the room, I think....

This is a beautiful room, darling!!  Have fun making it marvelous!!  Oh, and take pics, we wanna see the final masterpiece!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Same.

Quoting sburst:

I'd change the paint. But I'm in LOVE with the mirror! Lol
4noodles4me
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Im looking at a Mirror Frosting kit sold at Lowes and Hobby Lobby now. Thats cheap too.

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Change is good, honey, go for it!!  As far as the mirror idea goes, listen, I know I am not doing it justice in my description, but I swear to you, the people had a room very similar to yours (I think they had less windows, didn't do the top row on the opposing wall, which I absolutely love and think is a must in a room like that!) and it didn't look like something you made at church group craft club...seriously, it stayed classy.  I am sure there is a term for it, I just don't remember any of the details...Have fun googling it, I am sure you will get tons of ideas that way or, maybe better yet, check out Pinterest.com!!

Quoting 4noodles4me:

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)