Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I blocked the disney channel

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 454 Replies
17 moms liked this

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilasmommy418
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
0.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
50 moms liked this
I think you may be over reacting just a tad.
mlg1989
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
by ZombieMegg on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I see no issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
7 moms liked this
I hate them. But I think there's a fine balance between over exposure and just enough. I hated being the kid in school who doesn't get to join in the convo cuz mommy won't let me watch the tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leidy2011
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM
41 moms liked this
Love them and so does ds. Get over yourself. You're the parent so it's up to you to teach your kids family values not some fake show. They are there to entertain not to teach u how to be a family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
34 moms liked this

Idk, I'l be back when Spongebob's over....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have blocked them too. I fully agree with you. 

-ZombieGirl-
3 moms liked this

I don't have that problem DD watches Sprout. She refuses to watch anything but Sprout. lol

MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I haven't had cable in nearly 3 years, and when I did, my kid didn't care about TV except for Yo Gabba Gabba. He barely cares about TV now. So I don't really remember what was on those channels.

But to your OP, its your house, your rules. Get DVD's of those shows you liked and introduce them to your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM
5 moms liked this
I can agree, however- it's up to the parent to teach these things, not the tv. My child watches Sprout and Nick, and she isn't anything like the characters. She also doesn't act like a two year old. I can see however if you park your child in front of the tv and don't interact with them, this could be a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured