Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I blocked the disney channel

Posted by   + Show Post

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (411-420):
maureen813
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I agree with everything you are saying except my girls have graduated from Disney to the kardasian when they became teenagers, I miss DIsney!
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I like some of the Disney channel shows, but I think that the shows on nick, are complete garbage!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My kids love and only watch kids 13. Their choice.
blondie805
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

My kids are teens-20's now. They've outgrown these channels I have stopped Secret Life and a few others on ABC Family channel. Those aren't family oriented shows and they promote and glamorize pre-marital sex.

debramommyof4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I agree, while I might watch them my children who are 2,3,5 and 6 are not allowed and will not be allowed to watch them for a very long time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I limit the amount of what they watch because it's extremely annoying to me. You have to do your best to teach your children about manners, good behavior and the stuff you see on TV is not real... or you can just block all the channels and pretend they won't pick up the same crap from school, friends and the real world. 

vamomlds
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

We like the disney junior shows except I object to the pirate one.  My ds like kiddie shows on pbs when he is home.  He is 13 but is special needs.

sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
My favorite disney shows are Wizards of Waverly Place and Good Luck Charlie.Those are centered around families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

i was watchin cosby show just the other day n thinkin y arent the shows like that anymore? full house is a good one also. not all the shows r bad on those channels. i like the educational ones. id prefer my kids to watch nick jr than disney tho.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

GOOD FOR YOU!! This is EXAcTLY Why we don't have CABLE.  Hundreds of channels pumping crap into my home are futile and were exterminated LOOOONNGG AGO. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)