Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I blocked the disney channel

Posted by   + Show Post

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (421-430):
BAMFSFW
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

T.V. is entertainment. I am my children's loving, wise, helpful and competent example.

Nicky2911
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I may not block them but I do fully intend to limit exposure... I completely agree the characters are cruel, intolerant, and many other highly negative traits. Until I feel my dd is old enough to understand that what she sees is not how she should behave those types of shows will definitely face a huge bottleneck in my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Ehh...my children understand that the TV is for entertainment purposes only.
kirstina
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I think your right on. I allow my children to watch the preschool shows on those channels but thats it. I have watched Icarly and other shows with my nieces and have asked them where are the parents?

My least favorite show ever is spongeBob my kids know they are not allowed to watch that show because I hate it.

We actually turned over Dish back off we had it on less than a year because the shows were just stupid. We buy dvds and I know what the kids are watch and they cant turn something else on when I leave the room.

kirstina
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM

you didnt even mention how often the girls are boy crazy.

mali321
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot diggity dog......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

That is your choice I allow my Kids to watch those shows and I watch them to,my kids are old enough to know not to copy what they see on TV,so You think this is "gross"..Besides I think those shows are cute and incredibly funny...

This show is awesome and it's so cute!

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I think they're great and my son loves them and he is very polite and well mannered.
margo2322
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Have you seen how disgusting some of the cartoons are. I have mostly all Disney movies for my baby when she gets older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

um......*backing away*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN