Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I blocked the disney channel

Posted by   + Show Post

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (431-440):
Kenzismommy09
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. We usually only watch PBS for cartoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you may be over reacting just a tad.

That's an understatement!

kimmie678
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Lol me too .. my kids love those chanels .. so now your kids get tol watch daytime tv or adult chanels? Not better ..

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you may be over reacting just a tad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lov1nlif3
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I let my kids watch all those channels....not that big of a deal I don't think. Its a big deal if you plan letting the television teach your child moralsand they way they should be. I am the parent here and that is my job. Not nickelodeon.   But I guess if you think about it...We watch max and ruby...where the HELL is Max and Ruby's PARENTS???!!!!!!!!!! =)

malexander2009
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that is television in general it just that prime time shows are geared more toward adults but they are in the same category as the shows on Disney nick and cartoon network. Dad is pretty much always shown as a buffoon but he is supposed to be the head of the house hold

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

We watch Disney Junior in this house and I see no problem with it. It's up to the parents to teach family values.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I think you are a bit out there. You cannot keep your children from everything. Cause one day when they find out what it's really like out there in the world they are going to love it instead of being closed up and then they are going to go buck wild. You need help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I find Nick Jr helpful in teaching kids manners and such. Cartoons are for entertainment purposes. At this point, you might as well put your kids in a bubble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 70 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM

My family watch only an hour  or two of tv. We keep our kids very busy with after school activties. But, I have no problem letting them watch Disney or Nick. We also get a shows from uk disney. But, I have found it hard to find shows willing to watch and kids want to watch together. I do wish they would bring back that famiy show about the super hero family. I CAN'T remember the name. My kids and I can watch it together because it is perfect for kids with older kids.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I like being different. ;)

Quoting singlemom1208:

What? You're the one teaching your kids? What a novel idea! Lol

Quoting DanaG70:

They don't bother me, but then, I'm a parent to my kids, I teach them the correct way to act and don't rely on the TV to teach them.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN