Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is being a divorced parent easier than a married parent?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've been wondering about this. I am a full time mom and I love it, but sometimes I would like a day off. I have divorced friends and at least 2 days a week, they get to clean house and chill.
I never want to be divorced, but I am just curious.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I doubt it.  The rest of the week they are on their own, miss their kid, have conflicts with the ex or step children if there is someone new, etc.

I am a married mom.  From the stories I hear from friends and parents of students, it's generally far easier to be a married parent.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

For me, I don't think it would be. I like having a partner, someone to come home to. I get plenty of breaks without having to be divorced.

AleaKat
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM
She openly said she did not want divorce in the post itself.
Blind much?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really you would consider getting a divorce for 2 days without ur kids? This brings selfish to a whole new level.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Some things are easier, some things are harder. For me, more things were harder than easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Idgaf its obviously on her mind, pretty sure that was directed to her, nosey much?

Quoting AleaKat:

Blind much?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really you would consider getting a divorce for 2 days without ur kids? This brings selfish to a whole new level.
AleaKat
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Yes yes I am thanks for noticing!

Quoting Anonymous:

Idgaf its obviously on her mind, pretty sure that was directed to her, nosey much?

Quoting AleaKat:

Blind much?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM
No problem!

Quoting AleaKat:

Yes yes I am thanks for noticing!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AleaKat:

Blind much?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I think they have it easier. I loooove my DH and wouldn't divorce him, but god if we were divorced and he had viaitation. Woooo... id have a lot of time to myself to get things done! We would split 50/50 for sure because we both believe kids deserve equal time.

DH works second shift :( so he's gone from 2:45-12:30 at night automatically. So we only get mornings and Saturday nights together and I work too. So we really get about a couple mornings together and then Sat night. So I already do 75% of the house and kid work.. of course when he is home he 100% helps but considering how long he is home compared to when I'm home.. yeah.

So if we eere divorced it wouldn't be different. Infact.. easier.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I can imagine its 10 times harder during those days when you're alone though. I couldn't imagine not having dh to vent to at the end of the day
mcclainprincess
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM
no it is not easier. doing pretty much everything by yourself and maybe getting one weekend to myself is not worth it. and when his dad is deployed then my soon is always with me. I don't have family or friends to lean on.. I loved being married and having someone to support me and my child when things were tough. now its just me leaning on me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)