Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welfare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I think it is a great program. America is awesome because sometimes people do just need a little help
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:32 AM

newsflash --  --    its not called welfare anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree this is a wonderful thing for those who need "temporary" help, just sad that so many take advantage of the system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

News flash, who the hell cares? You obviously knew what I was talking about
singlemom1208
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM
I think people get trapped in the system.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree this is a wonderful thing for those who need "temporary" help, just sad that so many take advantage of the system.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM
It's really not possible to take advantage of...who the hell wants to live off 479 a month?? But I am grateful that it's there otherwise I'd have literally nothing but just saying...they have time limits too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

It's really not possible to take advantage of...who the hell wants to live off 479 a month?? But I am grateful that it's there otherwise I'd have literally nothing but just saying...they have time limits too

I had a friend who received section 8, and full PA, along with Child Support.  She actually lived better then my husband and I did, with both of us working.  Some people can really make it stretch and work for them.  And when you receive PA there are a lot of other programs out there to help you that a lower income family, not receiving PA can't get.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Maybe some do, but many take advantage of it too.

Quoting singlemom1208:

I think people get trapped in the system.

Quoting Anonymous:

touchingstars
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:47 AM
Bad troll.. Wait til later in the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I am in housing so I pay 150 for rent but pa takes your cs unless you do it under the table but they get my whole 18 dollar cs check when he does pay it...it's like a never ending cycle tho honestly you have no money to save for a car so you can't get to work or look for jobs besides walking distance and mothers hours and those are very rare. Everyone thinks we just sit around eating Bon bons all day but it's not always like that

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

I had a friend who received section 8, and full PA, along with Child Support.  She actually lived better then my husband and I did, with both of us working.  Some people can really make it stretch and work for them.  And when you receive PA there are a lot of other programs out there to help you that a lower income family, not receiving PA can't get.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM
It's not called welfare?since when? I think today it is very difficult for the average working person to survive and assistance should be more available to them. I don't have a problem with it in general. I think the best part of assistance is getting food to kids, and grants for school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

News flash, who the hell cares? You obviously knew what I was talking about

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)