Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son is 3 and has gotten kicked out of 2 preschools!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He has violent autistic fits and throws himself against walls. Any teacher is scared he's going to get hurt and they are going to get in trouble. I understand, but it's still sad for my little guy :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM

meds or diet can help behavior issues in kids

Quoting Anonymous:

Meds for autism?

Quoting Anonymous:

so look for a preschool that can deal with him...isn't there anything out there for kids like him?  Contact your dept of mental disorders and see if they can help you, or Head Start mite be able to....isn't he on any meds or anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Uh no. Not for a 3yr old its not

Quoting Anonymous:

they are called mood stabilizers to prevent outbursts and possibly hurting others

Quoting Anonymous:

Meds for autism?

Quoting Anonymous:

so look for a preschool that can deal with him...isn't there anything out there for kids like him?  Contact your dept of mental disorders and see if they can help you, or Head Start mite be able to....isn't he on any meds or anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

We have changed to a gluten free, organic diet. I refuse to try meds yet, maybe in the future...
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM
I was going to suggest this. And, it depends on your school district, but they have to provide an aide that specialzes in autistic children to be there for him throughout the day.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

I'm sorry :( my oldest is autistic and went to a special education prek where they are trained to deal with the behavior. Maybe look into that? He's 3 so he can get into the school system now and they can place him in a classroom that fit his needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Poor sweetie. Is there a preschool in your area for special needs children where they may be more able to understand and help him?

Yes he starts in december, but he's sad that he has to leave his friends

While he is sad, at least he is making connections to other children.  That is a HUGE plus!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Quoting moniagee:

I was wondering about that. Do you think he will get made fun of for that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM
I'm going through something similar with my in-home daycare, and a child that throws such bad fits that he hits and kicks me and the other children, and also throws himself off of my couch. From a providers prospective, it's very difficult to have to let a child go that has issues. I always want to pick him up and hug him, and assure him I'm here for him. When I do that he hits me and anyone else around. I'm sorry you are going through this, and it's great that you've found a special school for him to start in the next few months.
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I dont think so. I have 2 kids that have educational aides, and neither of them get picked on, my oldest son is indeed quite popular.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting moniagee:

I was wondering about that. Do you think he will get made fun of for that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaeTy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Thank you! I was going to say that!! 3 years old is way to young for meds like that!! And meds don't fix anything if there isn't people that know how to deal in place! therapy can work miracles, meds usually used to take the edge off

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh no. Not for a 3yr old its not

Quoting Anonymous:

they are called mood stabilizers to prevent outbursts and possibly hurting others

Quoting Anonymous:

Meds for autism?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

that is sad but he really should be in a special school. luckily december is not that far away. hopefully his new school works out for him. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN