Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you spend

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 82 Replies

On a halloween costume? For yourself and/or for your kids. I'm looking online for a toddler costume and seeing several for $50-60. Who spends that much?!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncohetero
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM
I spent $30 for the costume and accessories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I would much prefer to spend $60 on a nice quality costume than $20-$30 on the ones in retail (Halloween) shops. Those things can't even last a washing.

Personally, I make (put together) our costumes. So we don't spend nearly that much. DD's costume this year cost me $2.50 so far and everything can be used through out the year. I'll probably spend another $5 or so on tights, but not much more than that.

brittany208
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting ncohetero:

I spent $30 for the costume and accessories

For you or a child? Will you/they wear it again and again?

mrsbrimer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM
$10 each for my girls costumes this year!! Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:33 AM

For my oldest dd, I have spent a total of $18.. she wants to be from the 80's.. I've done that one several times, so she is using my bracelets, my earrings, her black leggings, her shoes, my leg warmers, my mesh gloves, and I bought her a shirt for $12 and some crimped neon hair extensions for $6. 

My youngest won't make up her mind, but I'll probably spend between $10 ( if she is a cat or giraffe) and $20 ( if she is a scarecrow)..

Me- I am going to be the slutty school girl... I went to Goodwill and spent $3 on a skirt and $5 on a shirt... then, I bought a bright pink bra( $25 at Kohl's) and plaid boyshorts( $8 at Kohl's), knee high socks ( $4 at Party City) and I bought some heels at Target ( $30) that I will be able to wear all the time after Halloween. SO, my grand total was $76 with the shoes, but since I'll be wearing them after Halloween, I am not really counting them.. I will also be able to wear the bra and boyshorts, so without those 3 items, my total is about $13. 

Dh is going to be the creepy college professor to my schoolgirl and he is using his dress pants, jacket, t-shirt, shoes, briefcase and a wig that he has from last year...so, his total is nothing. 

Our costumes are for an adult only costume party at my BIL's on the 27th. Last year, I borrowed a costume from a friend, but this year I decided to just make my own...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jshalas89
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I've spent $100s on constumes for myself. I wouldn't do that now for myself but I wouldn't have a problem doing it for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashymom787
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Got our daughter's @ once upon a child for $6.50. My 13 y/o was $40 and our 5 y/o was $23 on sale. Got the boys costumes @ kmart cuz that's the only place that had a dinosaur for our 5 y/o.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetz684
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I got my kids for $25-$30. I don't usually get one for myself unless I have somewhere to wear it. I got one last year for $40 and then a pair of shoes to match for $20. But they can't get really expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM

This year, we ended up spending $70 on dh's costume, $50 altogether on mine, $20 on our oldest dd's, and $9 on my youngest dd's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I make my kids' costumes. I'd say I probably spend no more than $30, but some of the stuff I can reuse the next year. I will not buy one of those "already assembled" costumes you see in stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured