Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

On a halloween costume? For yourself and/or for your kids. I'm looking online for a toddler costume and seeing several for $50-60. Who spends that much?!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
aj23
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

For a good, high quality costume I would pay $100 no problem. BUT my son also likes to play dress up and the costumes would get used more than once.
I've made his costume for the past 2 years because what he wanted wasn't sold anywhere. It cost me $10-$20 to make one for him. The one I'm making for my niece this year is going to cost me about $50 because I had to buy the fabric and it gets expensive. Some costumes are worth the extra money.

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I paid $210 for everyones this year. That is including shipping. That is 2 adult costumes, and 5 children costumes. That is averaging $28 a piece. (Spent $10 on shipping). I looked through different websites and found what everyone wanted. Then I went to Amazon and ordered them all (there were all cheaper there). My costumes was $70 on every site but I found it on Amazon for $30.  I have a Prime account with them, so I get most things shipped free. 

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I got my ds in sept for $10 at menards on clearance. last year I bought my DD at the end of the season I dont remember how much i spent on it i'd say$10 or less! and i'm reussing my 16 months old. he'll be a pupppy like his brotherwas at his age. I think I spent $10 on that as well.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I give my girls $10 each. They have to figure out what they are going to be with $10. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars for costumes for 1) one night, and 2) when I can spend $8 and buy a HUGE bag of candy and call it a day.

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I usually spend anywhere between $20-40 on each kid for costume and accessories. My husband and I buy costumes every 3-4 years and just keep them stored so we can reuse them. We usually spend between $30-60 each on ours. This year, I don't think we are dressing up. I will be 8 months pregnant on Halloween and my husband doesn't want to dress up if I don't. I spent $32 on my daughter's costume and accessories and my son still hasn't decided on a costume. He want's a $80 chicken suit but I've told him that's too much and he needs to pick something else.

lilfishbigocean
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My kids don't get to pick what they want to be, and then go buy it.. They do get to pick from what we can find at consignment stores and whatnot. We got their costumes last weekend - my 4 year old DD chose a horse (it's got a huge horse head on the hood), and my 2 year old DD chose a monkey (it's a full body costume, and it has a monkey head on the hood). I had money on my account from always consigning things, so I only paid $2 out of pocket! Yay!

I can post pictures if you want.. It just gives me another excuse to put them in the costumes. They're so cute!! LOL

ambermarie2006
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
We spent $30 for each costume. Oldest DDs was $40 though :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

All together about $40. My younger one can wear a hand me down.

brittany208
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM

OOh itd be so much fun to dress up pregnant! There's so many good ideas out there! I wanted to wear a maternity costume, but ill only be 2 mo along and not showing.

Quoting mewebb82:

I usually spend anywhere between $20-40 on each kid for costume and accessories. My husband and I buy costumes every 3-4 years and just keep them stored so we can reuse them. We usually spend between $30-60 each on ours. This year, I don't think we are dressing up. I will be 8 months pregnant on Halloween and my husband doesn't want to dress up if I don't. I spent $32 on my daughter's costume and accessories and my son still hasn't decided on a costume. He want's a $80 chicken suit but I've told him that's too much and he needs to pick something else.

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

$5 at a secondhand shop, but I'm not certain I'll use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN