Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On a halloween costume? For yourself and/or for your kids. I'm looking online for a toddler costume and seeing several for $50-60. Who spends that much?!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Replies (61-70):
auntietotty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I make my kids' costumes. I'd say I probably spend no more than $30, but some of the stuff I can reuse the next year. I will not buy one of those "already assembled" costumes you see in stores.

This is what I always did....made them. And usually bought an accessory or 2 to go with them.

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I certainly don't. I use little pieces of costuming and match it to stuff I buy at the thrift store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I would spend as much as $50 on a costume for my kid, if I had to. Most of the time their costumes cost between $20 and $30. Halloween is a big deal for us, so if they want something elaborate, I'm all for it.

zombiemommy7
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I have yet to see a "quality" retail costume. *smh* I buy the fabric and supplies and sew my sons costume myself. I also check out the thrift stores. I save a bunch of money. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Usually we buy them on clearance the year before or they reuse them. I don't think I ever have spent more than $15 each if that

mrs.hartman05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I would try to find a used one.  I know on fb we have a local garage sale site and ppl have been posting tons of costumes.  Not sure if your area has a site like that available or not.

SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I'm hoping to spend $40 for two. My four yr old will not dress up so just a Halloween shirt for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

$6 each at the second hand shop. :) A firefighter and police uniform. I wont spend anything over $20 and I even think that's ridiculous.

JAMom07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I never spend more than $30

MomofJaR
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

My DD costume was $10 at walmart and she is so in love with it, she wears it now whenever she gets a chance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured