Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

On a halloween costume? For yourself and/or for your kids. I'm looking online for a toddler costume and seeing several for $50-60. Who spends that much?!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Replies (71-80):
brittany208
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't dress up if I didn't have anywhere to go either.

Quoting mewebb82:

It would be fun, but I'm kind of short on time and energy now. I'm not planning on leaving the house anyways and we get very few trick or treaters here (maybe 10 total, if that) so it's not like I will get to show my costume off. It just doesn't make sense to me to put the work and money into something that hardly anyone will see. I did consider it though.

Quoting brittany208:

OOh itd be so much fun to dress up pregnant! There's so many good ideas out there! I wanted to wear a maternity costume, but ill only be 2 mo along and not showing.

Quoting mewebb82:

I usually spend anywhere between $20-40 on each kid for costume and accessories. My husband and I buy costumes every 3-4 years and just keep them stored so we can reuse them. We usually spend between $30-60 each on ours. This year, I don't think we are dressing up. I will be 8 months pregnant on Halloween and my husband doesn't want to dress up if I don't. I spent $32 on my daughter's costume and accessories and my son still hasn't decided on a costume. He want's a $80 chicken suit but I've told him that's too much and he needs to pick something else.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I spent $20 at Target for a toddler dragon costume.

brittany208
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I've thought about buying them the year before, but with older kids--what if that particular thing wont be cool the next year? I like DS to get to be something he likes or is interested in then.

Quoting othermom:

Usually we buy them on clearance the year before or they reuse them. I don't think I ever have spent more than $15 each if that

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Ten million dollars each and there's 6 people in my family.

AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM
It depends on what my son wants. Never more than $50, except one time we did. He was a vampire, but he needed a top hat. The only way I could get one anywhere local was to buy a magicians costume as well. It was worth it, he was adorable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I make my dd's costumes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vampyrechic
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I am going to buy one for myself thats in that price range. i figure, might as well buy it and then reuse it years after. I get DD and DS costumes from garage sales and thrift stores. 

whattodo11
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I spent a total of 100 after shipping for two children's costumes... I couldn't believe the cost !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I've made them in the past. And spent about 120 total for 2 costumes (with leftover materials).

dee1603
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I found dd's for $10 and snatched it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)