Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She woke up with this !?! update 2!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 27 Replies
I'm not sure what my. 5 year old DD has but its either. Mesels or chicken pox or something. I just know she has some rash all over her face, back, tummy and arms! Ughhh so instead of being at work at 10, ill be at her Pediatric. I have No idea what it.is! My first child so.
Anyway I have two other cousins living here and tthey are ages. 4 and. 8 and my grandparents seems to think if they get it too now that it would be a good idea to get it out of the way... thoughts?

Update :
We are waiting for the doctor to call us. I'm so nervous for my baby. Ill upload a pic in thw replies

SO ITS BABY MEASELS :( NO.SCHOOL.
I called and the teacher will be putting her school work together. SMH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rockabye
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Chicken pox are usually only a few to start not a full blown rash I think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomX3LJC
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM
The 4 and 8 year olds may have had the CP vax at a year old. Take your baby to the pedi, hope she gets better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
layawatling
by Laya on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
This

Quoting MomX3LJC:

The 4 and 8 year olds may have had the CP vax at a year old. Take your baby to the pedi, hope she gets better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hezzy1228
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If its chicken pox it is actually more dangerous to get it as an adult. as much a pain as it would be, in a way it is better to get it over with. my son got the vax though and ended up with shingles *bangs head on desk*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Let them get it. Throw a little "party". I would rather have all the kids get it at one time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjs702006
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Best thing would be to just take her to the doctor. He or she will be able to determine if its contagious or not and what it even is.

biancalina20
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
My dd keeps itching and the thought makes me wanna ich too!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

well my DD got the same thing everytime we changed the laundry detergent or added fabric softener.  Its so bad that even though everyone else in the house loves fabric softener we cant touch her if we washed our clothes in it.    My youngest also does it when she take amoxilicilin.  Sounds like she is allergic to something.

mikesmom65270
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't sound like chicken pox to me either.  It could be an allergy, could be something else like "fifth disease" or scarlet fever.  The doctor visit is definitely necessary to find out what it is.

Quoting Rockabye:

Chicken pox are usually only a few to start not a full blown rash I think

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
That must have been really scary for you both.
Please let us know what her Dr says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)