Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homemade or Storebought?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Homemade or Storebought?

Options:

Homemade

Storebought

Either equally

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

I think Homemade Halloween costumes are cuter. DH says they scream "my parents are too poor to buy me a costume!" Which do you prefer?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Freakin adorable!

Quoting tansyflower:

this was the costume i made for my son last year!  i had a ton of fun making it and i dont think it looks that bad....in fact as a kid half the fun of halloween was making your costumes!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I buy them because I'm not talented.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM
It just depends on how crafty you are. I enjoy making things but my children prefer store bought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM

awww thanks!  other than the fact that a one year old and a feather boa = feathers EVERYWHERE it really was a lot of fun :)

i am thinking of doing a calvin and hobbs theme this year....my oldest totally has the calvin look down and my 5 month old would make a super cute fat baby version of hobbs!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Freakin adorable!

Quoting tansyflower:

this was the costume i made for my son last year!  i had a ton of fun making it and i dont think it looks that bad....in fact as a kid half the fun of halloween was making your costumes!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I grew up with hoome made and so did my kids. We had great costumes.

SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Store bought. I can't sew. Props to the mommas that can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nathans_mom407
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
My mom made us the BEST homemade costumes. They were awesome, but she was super creative and artsy. Me...not so much. I suck at all things creative and when I do get creative it doesn't look good. So anything I made them would scream "poor". So only store bought for my kids.
CamMa
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I think we're gonna do home made this year. I wanna make him the old guy from "Up". So freaking cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Homemade DOES NOT scream poor. In fact often times they often cost more to make. Simply because you keep adding to itBut who cares I don't think the goal is who has the most over priced costume. I only wish I was crafty enough to make my kids costumes....a simply batgirl outfit for my tall 13dd is 50.00 and I STILL have to find a way to deslutafy it....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

sorry my hobby makes you feel inferior.  I don't do it because I want to be perfect, I do it because it brings me pleasure.  I will admit to a sense of pride when they get complimented on their costumes, and the look of surprise when the girls say mommy made it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your DH is right, unless you're some super creative person that can make a fabulous costume without breaking a sweat, but that just screams "look at me i can do stuff because im perfect" and makes me want to punch you in the throat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN