Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont f***ing get it!! What would you do/say?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 50 Replies

I have a couple neighbors, they know i have a dog, and they know my dog barks anytime someone knocks at the door. So why would they just show up and knock on my door? They both have my cell number, and i have asked them to text or call before coming over to make sure my son isnt sleeping. Well sure as shit, twice in the last week, once yesterday, as soon as i got my son down for a much needed nap, knock knock, fucking barking dog to the back door, crying baby. I open the door and he just walks in asking if i have a  min, hes got a question. Its like shit, you know my dog barks, call! I have told both several times, i put up a sign this morning, but i doubt it will work, im just at a loss. After youve told someone repeatedy and they still do it, what is next?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have flipped shit on him!
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I'd be pissed too! Especially with the just walking in thing. Hopefully, the sign will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I put a sign on my front door saying "Do not knock or ring door bell...baby sleeping." I have never had a problem since.

Drochmheas
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Knock on their door at the worst times with stupid questions.

hip2it
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I used to put a sign on the door when the baby was sleeping, "Do not knock or ring doorbell!  Sleeping baby inside and the dogs WILL bark and wake them up.  Call my cell xxx-xxx-xxxx and I will let you in."

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I did that this morning, and guess what? He just fucking came to my door and said my dogs name, he didn't knock, but the dog still barked, I don't fucking get it!!! He has my number, lives 50 feet away, I said look, the kids still sleeping, what? Oh, I wanted to see if you could watch the baby for a few hours? Yes I said, I told you yesterday I would, and to CALL me before you come over, fuck I'm shaking I'm so pissed.

Quoting PinkyPan:

I put a sign on my front door saying "Do not knock or ring door bell...baby sleeping." I have never had a problem since.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM
how old is your DS?
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM
It didn't, he just came over again, didn't knock, but said the dogs name, he barked. I'm not sure how many times I can tell him, and how direct the sign needs to be. It says, "DO NOT KNOCK, BABY SLEEPING" we'll the ass didn't knock, so i guess I need to make a list for him.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I'd be pissed too! Especially with the just walking in thing. Hopefully, the sign will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Sounds like he's just being an asshole.. should find out why that is.

Quoting olliesmommy2:

I did that this morning, and guess what? He just fucking came to my door and said my dogs name, he didn't knock, but the dog still barked, I don't fucking get it!!! He has my number, lives 50 feet away, I said look, the kids still sleeping, what? Oh, I wanted to see if you could watch the baby for a few hours? Yes I said, I told you yesterday I would, and to CALL me before you come over, fuck I'm shaking I'm so pissed.

Quoting PinkyPan:

meparty
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)