Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should this CEO be alllowed to fire people if Obama wins?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Quoting militarywife09:

Did they threaten him by saying he would get laid off only if a democrat got into office? If they did he should sue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Bump for later

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

He's an employer. If he feels that once his taxes are raised that he will have to lay off employees in order to retain a successful business, then that is his prerogative. Even his responsibility. 

As long as he's not saying "I'm going to fire anyone who says they voted for Obama" he's good. 

militarywife09
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
No the article says that his taxes are going to be more so he will have to lay people off.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting militarywife09:

Did they threaten him by saying he would get laid off only if a democrat got into office? If they did he should sue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting militarywife09:

But he said "If Obama gets elected AND my taxes are raised, I'm going to HAVE TO lay off." 

He's not doing it to be a dick, he's doing it because this is the only way he might be able to keep his business. 

Whether you're pagan or not, you'll love all of the cool recipes, crafts, and coloring pages in this group! Join Us! And don't forget to say I sent you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
They would have no grounds to sue. Florida is an at will state. He can layoff whomever he would like.

http://www.akers-boswell.com/yl/atwill.html

Quoting wkukid:

I seen that earlier. They should sue if he does.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Quoting wkukid:

It's not spelling, it's English.

With light and love

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

If you noticed, he said he'll have to fire people if taxes are raised as Obama plans to do. Why shouldn't a business be allowed to fire people when they need to because of rising costs of doing their business?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Quoting AnnieMcD:

Politics shouldn't have been included in the statement. He should have just said I may be having financial problems that would cause layoffs.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

They don't have to sue for the layoff. It's the way it was worded. He shouldn't have included politics in his reasoning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured