Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I need ideas for dinner tonight. I took ground beef out but I'm tired of hamburgers, spaghetti and meatloaf. Anyone have an idea of something easy to make with ground beef that is not burgers, spaghetti or meatloaf? Oh and something easy would be great too, I have a horrible sinus infection and really don't feel like making anything too time consuming. Thanks for any ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
ramita
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Not sure what its called but my dh makes a dish that has ground meat, mac-n-cheese, corn, and pinto beans (U can also baked beans). Season amd brown the meat and cook the mac-n-cheese then put them together and add the corn and beans. He also adds a little ketchup but i'm not sure how much...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Homemade Hamburger Helper.

Ground beef, can of tomatoes, tomato sauce and oniond if you have it on hand, some pasta, spices, water, a little flour to thicken it. You can google one. Or make a casserole - those are fantastic for throwing together whatever you have. Frozen veggies, rice, cheese, cream of (whatever) soup... Those you can just dump together and throw in the oven - DONE!

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Do burritos.
Drochmheas
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Tacos.

Skillet hash - ground beef, any kind of cheese you have, maybe some macaroni, and whatever vegetables you have.

Loaded queso dip.

Loaded baked potato.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

stroganoff

sloppy joes

chili

tacos

hamburger helper

lasanga

whattodo11
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Tacos are a go to in my family. But even stroganoff with ground meet could be good, easy, and a change. Sloppy joes or a casserole are simple also!
Hope you feel better soon!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kim8934
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM

simple hamburger stroganoff, look it up on allrecipes.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hamburger potato soup

I use one package of potato O'brien when I'm being lazy since it already has onion and peppers in it. Brown the hamburger, drain, add butter, the potato O'brien, and milk.  Simmer until the potatoes are thawed, season to taste.  If you like it thicker just had a bit of instant potatoes to thicken.  

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Tator tot casserole, hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, green beans or corn, brown the hamburger, combine other ingredients top with tator tots (or you can use mashed potatoes) bake for about 20 minutes at 350 or until tator tots (if you use them) are browned. My kids LOVE it and its cheap and fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnAngelsKiss
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Goolash brown ground beef add in minced onions italian seasoning stewed tomatoes corn egg noodles and water (just enough water to cook noodles) when water has abosrbed into noodles stir in shredded cheese when melted remove from heat serve with buttered bread wahla my kids love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)