Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: The real reason why I didn't exclusively breastfeed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 1st son I only BF up til like 3 weeks because he was so hungry 24/7. I would BF him for over an hour each time I swear and he would fall asleep and then 10 mins later he would wake up and eat again and this was all the time. He barely ever slept. 

With my 2nd son he was fine he BF fine and not too much but he did dry out my nipples. 

But the real reason why i didnt exclusively BF longer then that is because I never ever felt comfortable in front of people whipping out my boob to BF. IDK  I was so uncomfortable. Even in front of my mom, or the nurses that thought me. I always felt weird and like I was naked and people were staring at me and there was no was no way I was going to BF in public when I was not comfortable in my own body. I was always a shy/timid girl . I never showed any skin, I never wore short shorts or showed of my breasts , IDK I guess I just felt like I was gonna be looked at weird. That is the real reason why I never exclusively BF. I felt i was always going to be looked at sexually :( 

i was molested as a little girl and I think that made me so insecure about my own body and still am to this day.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
MollyJmommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Really? You're just being rude *smh*

Quoting Anonymous:

I never breasted in public. There is always somewhere to go if you don't like it.

Yep. Shitty excuses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Well atleast you did try and if its not for you then its not for you. As long as you don't over feed your baby with formula then there is no harm. Formula is not the same as breast milk but its not like you're feeding your baby rat poison. Cheer up you did great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM
They both sound like really lazy excuses. It's true. Sorry.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

I never breasted in public. There is always somewhere to go if you don't like it.

Yep. Shitty excuses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Your body your choice. Goods luck with the breastfeeding psychos who think you should be sent to hell because you didn't try hard enough, and can't respect other ppl choices. And know all so much about whats good for your baby!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I don't understand your reasons. And those things did not stop me (or any other breast feeding mother) from breast feeding. Everyone has to deal with a baby nursing all the time. (3weeks, 6weeks, 3months, 6months) growth spurts. Your baby needed you MORE during that time. Not less. And as far as nursing in public? No one is forcing you to do that. There is ALWAYS somewhere to go if you are uncomfortable. I NEVER nursed in public.
I just don't understand how things so small can deter you from wanting what is best for your child. It sounds like some pretty selfish reasons to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

That's what the OP needed-someone saying "You're doing it wrong."  What happened to the "supportive" bf community that is on CM?  Moms aren't supposed to criticize other moms for doing the best they can, are they?  If mom is uncomfortable, baby feels it, and feeding time is hell.  Trust me, I have been there.  No one-and I mean NO ONE-will tell me that I did "it" wrong.  

Shame on people who criticize moms for their decision to bf or not.  It is NONE of their business.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're showing your breasts while you're BFing, you're doing it wrong.

There are fool proof ways to BF without NIP. Many do it with grace and ease.

There is also pumping.

You are free to justify as you will.

Quoting Anonymous:

well to be honest i was  uncomfortable to show my breasts in public or anyone else other then dh . He is the only one i was ever comfortable with. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No I did not.

I too am the victim of molestation and rape. We all cope with it in various ways however, I stand firm in my feeling that it's a cop out.

Breasts are sexual if we make them.They are first and foremost a functioning part of our bodies.

I am curious if the OP is uncomfortable with her breasts being fondled in foreplay or has issues with sex as a result or is her discomfort limited to BF.

Quoting lunabella79:

Did you miss the part about being molested? Yes, bf is supposed to be for every woman, but even you were not able to do it! For you it was physically impossible, but some women it's an emotional issue. You don't have to understand it, but at least you can be a little more sympathetic. Oh, and I ebf.

Quoting Anonymous:

*sigh

I love the "breastfeeding isn't for everyone."

Um, yes it is. If you produce breast milk it is for you to use, you choose not to, you choose to dry up.

Breastfeeding wasn't for me because I didn't produce, my ducts didn't develop. It was a desvastating loss.

Women take BF for granted, there are a few of us who by nature couldn't. Our bodies defied us and denyed us the ability to feed our child properly.

I dislike the posts simply because I do envy women who BF..It's sad they don't realize that natural gift or what it feels like to fail your child.

Also, breasts are only sexual if you make them that way. You could have pumped and I do not know any BF woman who whips their boob out. Sorry, this sounds like a cop out.

mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I tried so hard to breastfeed my first baby. I would feed her and nothing would come out. I tried pumping to increase my milk supply and my milk never came. On top of that she was so colicky she would scream and shake her head back and forth spit my nipple out and scream and shake and scream and scream. It was traumatic for me and I would just cry the whole time...I applaud those that can and do breastfeed, but I could never bring myself to try with my other two...it's awful to feel like your baby rejected you...

I'm sorry for what happened to you as a little girl. And not succeeding at breastfeeding does not make us bad moms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

What happened to her body her choice? Her baby her Choice??

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand your reasons. And those things did not stop me (or any other breast feeding mother) from breast feeding. Everyone has to deal with a baby nursing all the time. (3weeks, 6weeks, 3months, 6months) growth spurts. Your baby needed you MORE during that time. Not less. And as far as nursing in public? No one is forcing you to do that. There is ALWAYS somewhere to go if you are uncomfortable. I NEVER nursed in public.
I just don't understand how things so small can deter you from wanting what is best for your child. It sounds like some pretty selfish reasons to me.

MollyJmommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you ever heard of being considerate? I'm not gonna be upset if my cousin or sisters dont nurse as long as I am. It's their choice and whatever the reason is for stopping it's not your right to deem "shitty"

Quoting Anonymous:

They both sound like really lazy excuses. It's true. Sorry.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Shitty excuses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
You are so sad and insecure to need to attack her to make yourself feel better. Grow up little girl.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)