Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: The real reason why I didn't exclusively breastfeed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 1st son I only BF up til like 3 weeks because he was so hungry 24/7. I would BF him for over an hour each time I swear and he would fall asleep and then 10 mins later he would wake up and eat again and this was all the time. He barely ever slept. 

With my 2nd son he was fine he BF fine and not too much but he did dry out my nipples. 

But the real reason why i didnt exclusively BF longer then that is because I never ever felt comfortable in front of people whipping out my boob to BF. IDK  I was so uncomfortable. Even in front of my mom, or the nurses that thought me. I always felt weird and like I was naked and people were staring at me and there was no was no way I was going to BF in public when I was not comfortable in my own body. I was always a shy/timid girl . I never showed any skin, I never wore short shorts or showed of my breasts , IDK I guess I just felt like I was gonna be looked at weird. That is the real reason why I never exclusively BF. I felt i was always going to be looked at sexually :( 

i was molested as a little girl and I think that made me so insecure about my own body and still am to this day.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Replies (51-56):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
This statement here restores my faith in humanity lol. Thank you. I felt guilt over the limited time I was able to bf. If one person had said.this to me I wouldn't have felt so bad.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

You gave your kids the breastmilk you could and that's great :) Breastfeeding isn't for everyone and it's not easy. You did great :D
BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I can understand that. The only reason I BF in public was that I practiced at home getting situated with the blanked covering me before I got the baby latched on. There was nothing to see, really, since the blanket covered everything. By the third one, I relaxed a bit. Hey...you did your best. Don't obsess over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I'm sorry about your awful past. I'm also very shy and didn't do it in front of an audience. I think it's very distasteful when people whip them out in front of people, even family. I always nursed privately (I would time my outings to not correspond with feedings) and behind closed doors. The most public was my car in a corner of a parking lot. I breastfed my son until he was 15 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I felt the same way and pumping was a nightmare for me. We made it nine weeks and then my daughter flat out would not latch on. We were all much happier and relaxed when we made the switch. You tried and did the best you could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You tried and that's what matters :)
I was afraid to bf in public with my 1st. With my 2nd I was fine because of my friend with a great sense of humor.
MollyJmommy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM
:) I wish everyone could have supportive people in their life. I'm lucky to have the support I have. Being a single mom at 22 for a 1 year old has been hard and breastfeeding scared me but having a good support system I think is vital for successfully nursing. :) I'm proud of every mom that tries and i'm proud of every mom that doesn't I think happy mom, happy baby is the more important issue

Quoting Anonymous:

This statement here restores my faith in humanity lol. Thank you. I felt guilt over the limited time I was able to bf. If one person had said.this to me I wouldn't have felt so bad.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

You gave your kids the breastmilk you could and that's great :) Breastfeeding isn't for everyone and it's not easy. You did great :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN